Author Topic: Opening up  (Read 4994 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Opening up
« on: 04 May, 2020, 06:37:51 pm »
As things gradually start to open how confident will you feel about  going to a bar, a restaurant, hairdressers  gym, beach?  Will you be "first at the bar" or leave it a bit and see how it goes?

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Opening up
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2020, 07:06:44 pm »
Looking at the programme for dates of certain places to be open, there is nothing to say when bars will open.  Restaurants can at a reduced capacity.
I will be hammering at the door of my hairdressers on monday 11th as I look like a cross between Boris's and Trump's mothers!!!
Other than these 2 plus nails I will not be going very far. 

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2020, 09:15:40 am »
Don't think I will venturing far yet, my hair is getting long and nails are all broken but as the salon I use is 20 mins away, and you are supposed to stick to your own municipality unless the service or item is not available there, don't think I want to risk the fine of going through Albox on the way when there are certainly salons there!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2020, 09:41:31 am »
I think the restriction to your own village lifts shortly but no visiting other provinces to stay until into June.  A Spanish family nearby had 4 cars parked outside over the weekend, normally only one.  Kids visiting and staying over as they do every holiday certainly not from Arboleas

mojacar

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2020, 10:26:17 am »
Spain seem to have controlled the virus quite well with their rolling states of alarm, and the gradual relaxing of it seems like a good plan.
Now, I may have read this wrong, but it looks like the opposition parties are joining together to vote against a further extension tomorrow in parliament. If that happens, would that in effect cancel all the lock down rules  from 9th May when the current state of alarm finishes?
That could be catastrophic! Especially for the Almeria area that seems to have very few cases, if there are no restriction rules, surely people from highly infected areas would want to escape to low infection areas, believing they are safer, but how many of them would take the virus with them?
 :undecided:

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2020, 11:30:08 am »
Yes the de escalation rules would stop and normal life would return

Id like that so I can go back to work but I don't know how it would affect the rest of the provincias who have had more infected than Almeria.

I would imagine there would be a contingency plan and also think that businesses will continue with safety measures in order to protect their staff and to curb increase infections as it will continue to cause havoc if we had to go into lockdown again

JessicaH

« Reply #6 on: 05 May, 2020, 11:50:47 am »
This is a problem for both regions in southern Spain. Many Northern Spanish have holiday homes here.
Sounds mean to think but  until this virus is well under control we would prefer not to be concerned about possible infections from visitors. Home or away.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 05 May, 2020, 01:45:01 pm »
Crikey!  Scary thought of hundreds of unwelcome visitors arriving bringing the virus with them....  I wonder if, like flu, the second wave would be even worse than the first?  Having been following the advice to stay at home for so long, having that lifted and then needing to go back again does not bear thinking about.   :shocked:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 05 May, 2020, 01:53:21 pm »
We have an apartment in Puert Rey, an older development. a large percentage of the other properties are owned by people from Madrid.  I don't think we will be visiting in a hurry.  You can't blame them wanting to be somewhere more safe

JessicaH

« Reply #9 on: 05 May, 2020, 02:31:07 pm »
Thereby lies the problem Judi.
Cannot blame people for wanting to go to seaside holiday home, particularly if encased in a flat in a city. Likewise can’t blame the residents for not wanting seasonal visitors.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 06 May, 2020, 09:00:14 am »
It's a no win, no win situation.  I am sure if I lived in lockdown in Madrid for the past nearly 2 months and owned a property at the coast, I'd be going there almost before the last words ending lockdown had been uttered.