Author Topic: Take aways  (Read 5962 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Take aways
« on: 08 May, 2020, 09:53:40 pm »
Took the risk today to have the above as a treat.  Never again.  Proprietor  no mask, no gloves, sanitizer was no pump. Fish was lovely, but meal wrapped in newspaper. Felt so dirty when I got home. Stripped everything off and into the wash. :angry:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Take aways
« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2020, 07:24:07 am »
  We had a takeaway from The Happy Garden.  Table at the door and she was wearing a mask but no gloves.  I saw that she was sanitizing her hands regularly, probably better than wearing the same gloves all night.  Queue of customers (phone orders only) well spaced most wearing mask and gloves, gave her your name, handed the bag as she confirmed what was in there, paid contactless with card. Collected for us and two friends in seperate bags

It was lovely.  Complementary bag of prawn crackers.  On the way back I saw the Carril was doing something similar, must get a menu.  Where were the fish and chips from Roscoe?

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 09 May, 2020, 07:48:59 am »
Chapman's. :angry:

FOGGY

« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2020, 09:16:51 am »
I don’t get why you would take a possible life or death risk  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2020, 09:20:02 am by FOGGY »

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2020, 09:56:09 am »
I do that every time I go to Lidl and Mercadona.

FOGGY

« Reply #5 on: 09 May, 2020, 10:28:29 am »
 I don’t think so, there are so many different ways you can transmit the virus, you actually said... no mask, no gloves, news paper and that’s what you commented on. What else was there that you didn’t see.... madness I wouldn’t  dream off doing it.
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2020, 10:37:12 am by FOGGY »

jimmymac

« Reply #6 on: 09 May, 2020, 05:03:42 pm »
Agree with you Foggy, if these places are going to do takeaways they should be sticking to the hygiene rules. Won't go anywhere near Chapmans.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09 May, 2020, 08:41:36 pm »
The Rambla cafe in Albox will be offering takeaways as from Monday

Following the directives sent to us by the town hall, we will be wearing Masks and gloves and following strict hygiene conditions and we will ask our customers to do the same.

FOGGY

« Reply #8 on: 10 May, 2020, 08:02:05 am »
The Rambla cafe in Albox will be offering takeaways as from Monday

Following the directives sent to us by the town hall, we will be wearing Masks and gloves and following strict hygiene conditions and we will ask our customers to do the same.
Good, Sounds safe not for me though, but if you haven’t got a kitchen Perfect.
« Last Edit: 10 May, 2020, 10:20:42 am by FOGGY »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 10 May, 2020, 10:14:00 am »
I would be extremely uneasy about getting a take away from any place where I was unable to see what was going on behind the scenes at the moment!  At least I am immune to any possible germs in my own kitchen. 

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 10 May, 2020, 04:03:47 pm »
With two high risk in the family We have taken so many precautions not just for the cafe but for home too. We disinfect our shoes upon arrival and leave them outside. We also clean the dogs feet which they hate, but they have the freshest smelling feet in Albox. Following info passed down from Health authorities  we bleach the house floors with cold water as hot water renders it uneffective. We use gloves and rewashable masks, we have 3 masks each which are washed everytime we leave and re enter. We have matching gloves and masks BLACK ONES hubby likes to think he is Bane from batman
Everyone carries a bottle of the Alcohol gel and if you can open a door without touching make it so. I am the only one who goes into Mercadona but the girls do come down and wait outside if I have heavy stuff, We did try making the dogs wear masks but they resisted.
I dont need to see my husband or children in ICU but we still need to work so we are reopening

FOGGY

« Reply #11 on: 10 May, 2020, 05:09:28 pm »
Blimey that is clean.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 11 May, 2020, 09:26:51 am »
Well done Clare!  That really is going above and beyond. :kiss: