Author Topic: Clearing cache on Google Chrome  (Read 9071 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Clearing cache on Google Chrome
« on: 15 May, 2020, 01:07:53 pm »
It is painfully slow and not my connection.  Is there a quick way?

Drax

Re: Clearing cache on Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:09:58 pm »
Google explains it best, for Chrome and Android or an Ipod/ipad

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1

In my experience Chrome opens a session every time you open a tab and the way to check what it is up to is to press Ctrl, Alt & Delete all together to open Task Manager on your PC. In the old days Ctrl Alt Del used to reboot but now it gets into the back office and you may see that most of available memory is being used by Chrome - other browsers like Firefox are less bloated.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2020, 06:02:35 pm »
Thanks, PDF Architect and Chrome open more than once, should antimalwear executablecbe using 113m.  Anyway cleared the data thanks

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2020, 08:09:47 pm »
Most (some) of the time it is the anti-malware / anti-virus etc. scans on your system that slow it down a lot. If there is an option to run these like 2 or 3am in the mornings (of course you need the 'pooter left on) then it won't affect your work. Or get it to run whilst you have a siesta in the afternoons lol - Anytime but when you are busy working on it.
« Last Edit: 15 May, 2020, 08:24:33 pm by Drax »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2020, 08:31:09 pm »
I don't turn ynem off that much, back ups and upgrades are all set to be done at night so need to look into that.  Thanks.