Author Topic: Another case in the valley  (Read 10332 times)

JessicaH

Re: Another case in the valley
« Reply #30 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 01:41:26 pm »
Frankie, ordinary house air con isn’t a problem ( except on sinuses).
It is hospitals, Government buildings or any building of size with a water tower.

Similar with fountains, Judi.
Only the  street ones are a problem because they use “dirty”water which the weather warms and cools.
Also it isn’t the stagnant water that actually causes legionnaires, indeed it can be safely swallowed....not that we would want to...but the droplets in the air that are invisibly inhaled into the mouth and nose when fountain/ air on in operation.

All this info came via local Murcian authority who investigated cause of my husband catching it.
They checked everything, shower heads, aircon, taps. All clear, until they checked irrigation system..and wow, trillions of bugs.
So, anyone on mains water, even if not potable, no worries.

Actually of the most dangerous thing, that we ALL utilise, is  the car screen washer.
Warmed up stagnant water suddenly spraying over the windscreen.
So ALWAYS ensure windows are closed before using.
Likewise bags of compost .Take care when opening the bag to avoid the spores blowing around.

COVID....that’s another problem that will be solved...just not sure how soon

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »
Useful info, JessicaH.  I had previously thought it came from unserviced A/C units.  It still won't encourage me to use the A/C in my house as I suffer so badly with sinus problemswhen it is on (oddly enough I am OK in the car).

JessicaH

« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun, 2020, 04:40:14 pm »
Frankie, Sealed units, as in property aircon, never a problem. Regardless of not being serviced.
Do agree though they do seem to cause runny eyes and stuffy noses.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #33 on: 26 Jun, 2020, 02:48:29 pm »
My units were installed over 16 years ago.  Might be down to old age (them, not me - well yes, me too!)

jimmymac

« Reply #34 on: 26 Jun, 2020, 04:42:23 pm »
Same length of time as ours frankie 2004 ours. have managed to replace 2 in the last couple of years but have 2 to go. Bloody expensive things to replace, never mind  it's only money!  :laugh: :laugh:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #35 on: 26 Jun, 2020, 07:50:22 pm »
As mine have not been in use since 2005 and I have no intention of ever using them again, I will not be replacing them.  I have got through several electric fans though! :grin: