Author Topic: Back to square one?  (Read 7485 times)

Drax

Back to square one?
« on: 13 Jul, 2020, 07:36:12 pm »
Official: mandatory mask from Wednesday or fine of up to 6,000 euros
The measure will take effect from Wednesday, July 15 at 00:00.

There are no more excuses and if there are, they will be useless. From next Wednesday, using the mask outside the house will be mandatory at all times under fines of up to 6,000 euros in Almería. This is so after it was decided today at a meeting between the President of the Andalusian Government, Juanma Moreno, and the Technical Advisory Group of Covid-19, in which the compulsory use of protection has been agreed upon at eight Andalusia provinces.

The measure, which was already implemented by Juanma Moreno this weekend in Ceuta and has been adopted in other communities, comes after the wave of outbreaks that already number 14 people in Andalusia, three of them in the region of Almería West, and with the main objective of avoiding a possible uncontrolled community transmission of the virus in Andalusian territory, so masks will have to be used whenever you leave your home, both in open and closed spaces, regardless of the interpersonal security distance that, of course must also be maintained.

In this way, the Andalusian president has highlighted that the community is "at the equator of the pandemic, with the virus still among us" and has assured that despite the outbreaks that have emerged in recent weeks in Andalusia, they are controlled. "This measure, which has been unanimously agreed by the Committee of Experts, has been adopted taking into account the current epidemiological situation in Andalusia and will be reflected, along with others, in an Order of the Ministry of Health and Families from which will report to the Governing Council on Tuesday and will be agreed, "Moreno pointed out.

Likewise, they are taken preventively to avoid anomalous circumstances that may lead to a major Public Health problem. Likewise, it has been agreed to involve local corporations in the Order in the surveillance and sanction regime for their possible non-compliance. “Despite the heat, difficulties and limitations, we have to get used to wearing the mask permanently. With the use of the mask, the risk of contagion is reduced to 1% ”, he stated, while announcing that this measure will take effect from Wednesday, July 15 at 00:00 hours . In addition, it will entail fines of between 100 and 6,000 euros for those who break this rule.

https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/12/almeria/197209/oficial-mascarilla-obligatoria-desde-el-miercoles-o-multa-de-hasta-6-000-euros

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Back to square one?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul, 2020, 08:51:58 pm »
Thanks Drax, I hate the damned things but do wear them.  I have difficulty understanding people, their voices are muffled but we lip read far more then we realise

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul, 2020, 09:06:20 pm »
Correct Judi, I said to someone a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't a clue what they were talking about with a mask covering their mouth.  :dunno:

Stand back a bit, remove covering and try again, no problem  :thumbsup:

JessicaH

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul, 2020, 09:49:45 pm »
Have been reading spainenglish.com and it is quite worrying how the daily total of cases are rising. So, IMO, wearing a mask is a must.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 08:35:24 am »
I have been wearing mine outside since lockdown began.  It is far too hot and my face runs but the alternative does not bear thinking about.  I think we do tend to lip read, especially as we get older and maybe have minor hearing loss.  I do notice I have my tv volume slightly up from what it used to be.
I have been a bit surprised when coming down the valley, at the numbers who have not got them on.  Possibly not Spanish as they still have the syndrome of doing what they are told to do whereas it's possible that ex-pats, from whatever country they are from, do not!

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 09:18:19 am »
I always wear a mask when out already, but it will be the little things like forgetting to put one on to go to the bins just as the Guardia drive past!

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 04:21:32 pm »
Reported to me a short while ago; that at the Arboleas Health Centre this morning a person wearing a mask was surprised to see hardly anyone else in the waiting area had one on. Then Maria Luisa walked in and quote "did her nut" mainly at the British people there :crazy: , most of the Spanish were OK with their face coverings.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 05:53:05 pm »
Out walking with the dogs, I passed a Spanish gentleman, then a Spanish lady, both wearing masks, then an English lady also wearing a mask, so out of respect I put mine on.  Tomorrow will have to put on as I exit our garden, be interesting to see if the other dog walkers and ramblers have them on.  My husband, who is disabled and walks very slowly, will also be wearing his when he goes up the road to give a neighbour's dog her treats.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 07:19:52 pm »
My Spanish neighbor came across after the builders had left to see what was happening (I knew it would not be very long!) and she had her mask on.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul, 2020, 09:51:24 pm »
Following Drax post, yes I am scared.  Bad enough if you are tested positive, but the long term effects doesn't bear thinking about. :angry:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul, 2020, 10:32:10 am »
Roscoe I agree  with that.  It is only just coming to light that there are many long term affects and it is only early days yet.  I suspect there might be more...

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul, 2020, 11:11:28 am »
Out with dogs today with mask on, saw others with theirs on.  Then along came 4, 2 locals, 2 visitors one mask under chin, 3 round wrists.  To say I was annoyed was putting it mildly.  :angry:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul, 2020, 12:05:53 pm »
I think they could be fined for not wearing them....  Maybe if a few were and word got round, it may make a difference.

Drax

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jul, 2020, 06:11:55 am »
Quote from: La Voz de Almeria
Black day for Almería: 60 new cases of coronavirus
The province exceeds 1,000 positives for Covid-19

A Black day in the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic in the province. Almería recorded its worst data on Wednesday (15th July) since the start of the pandemic and there has been a record of infections reported in one day by the Junta de Andalucía.

The Ministry of Health of the Andalusian Government has reported 60 new cases, the highest number recorded in Almería since the beginning of this health crisis.

Previously the record was March 27 on which 31 Covid-19 positives were registered with the Health Service. Two days before, on March 25, 31 new cases were detected, the same number as that of this past July 11.
:sad: :shocked:
« Last Edit: 17 Jul, 2020, 09:39:46 am by Drax »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #14 on: 17 Jul, 2020, 12:56:52 pm »
A couple of the Canary Islands have shut all bars, clubs and restaurants after the idiotic behaviour of people last weekend.  How long, I wonder, until the same happens here?