Technical Section > All things techie

Kindle help

(1/3) > >>

frankie:
I have been sent a couple of books but instead of arriving in my Kindle they are in my in box in my Outlook email.  How can I move them?  I did do it once but that was a very log time ago 
Words of one syllable would be great as I am not technical at all....

Drax:
Hi Frankie, I have neither outlook mail or a kindle so take this answer as you want.. however "normally" after receiving an email (in outlook) you would open it and download the attachment accompanying it - presumably in this case your book.

Then you go to the folder/file you downloaded to and open it to read as kindle.

If it is not an attachment but a link then clicking on the link (IF you trust the sender of course) should provide the same option of saving to your device.

The "sort of" normal way is, and this is not specifically for Outlook file attachments :
Open the Kindle app on your device.
Go to your Library.
If you're on a computer, double-click on the book cover. If you're on a mobile device, select the book cover.

Maybe a mixture of these will help you, good luck 🥰

shelav:
Frankie, these were the instructions I was sent when I had a book to upload from outlook - I think I found my Kindle email address on my account - hope this helps

Instructions for loading onto a Kindle

Either: Forward the email to your Kindle email address (you’ll find that under Amazon’s Manage My Content and Devices, e.g. yourname@kindle.com)
or
Save the mobi attachment somewhere on your computer.
Connect your Kindle to your PC. It'll show up as another drive.
Drag and drop, (or copy and paste) the file into the DOCUMENTS folder of your Kindle.
That's it!

Judi_bk:
Email it to your Kindle,  On your kimdle go to home  the house shaped icon, click the three dots top right amd you get a drop down.  Settings, your account and at the very bottom send to kindle email

jimmymac:
If all else fails...…. Pray!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version