Author Topic: British F1 GP  (Read 9463 times)

Drax

British F1 GP
« on: 01 Aug, 2020, 03:13:46 pm »
Just watching the qualifying sessions but VERY interesting was the pre-warmup (whatever) when Valtteri Bottas, Louis Hamilton and Toto Wolff raced around Silverstone in AMG Mercs "qualifying" back in February. The race between the boss and his drivers is promised for pre-race tomorrow - tune in early  :thumbsup:

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: British F1 GP
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug, 2020, 03:56:29 pm »
One thing I have noticed is this must be the only sport that follows strict protocol regarding masks.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug, 2020, 11:50:10 am »
Wow I missed it!  I will log on early o see them...

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug, 2020, 03:29:47 pm »
Yes Roscoe, I had seen but not really registered the fact, the world is so strange it's becoming normal to try to recognise people by their hair and eyes.
The only time today I saw anyone without a mask was when the drivers removed them to put their helmets on and the wailing woman "singing" the national anthem.

I also heard a reference to Murray Walker by the commentators and just checked, he's still around  :thumbsup: age 96  :thumbsup:

Quote from: murray
The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.
I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.
And now, excuse me while I interrupt myself.
This circuit is interesting because it has inclines and declines. Not just up, but down as well.
Either the car is stationary, or it's on the move.
That's history. I say history because it happened in the past.
There are seven winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the starting line today, and four of them are Michael Schumacher.
With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go.
:rofl: :clap:

And so, so, so many more  :cheesy: good old Murray, a true legend with a microphone  :nod: :tiphat:

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug, 2020, 04:49:49 pm »
Another wonderful advert for Pirelli tyres, I'm glad my cheap ones from the guy behind the BP garage last for years. phff pirelli  :thumbsdown:

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug, 2020, 04:53:39 pm »
Wow! What a finish.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug, 2020, 05:26:24 pm »
Did you see the state of Hamilton's tyres?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 05 Aug, 2020, 09:41:04 am »
Even Hamilton admitted post race that he "maybe should have stopped" like his steam mate Bottas.

I well remember Murray Walker during my days in race control at Brands.  There was a partition of glass between me and him.  When a car came into the pits I had to use my phone and ring the one phone down there to ask why.  Hoping someone would answer and then know what the problem was.  I then would write on a piece of paper, hold it to the glass, commentator could read it then inform the crowds.  Murray always complained he could not read my writing and please would I print.
Hard to imagine that in this day and age of track side technology.