Author Topic: Masks  (Read 5535 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Masks
« on: 13 Oct, 2020, 09:44:20 am »
CATs translators are telling people that cloth masks are not allowed for doctors and hospital visits.  You must wear the disposable ones

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Masks
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 10:14:02 am »
I assume this is due to the cloth ones not being washed after each wearing!  I have 4 cloth masks and rotate them.

Lmj19

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 11:15:58 am »
I always wear the "surgical " type for my hospital visits. However with my cloth one I put a surgical one inside not really its even better. We wash them regularly

jimmymac

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 04:36:51 pm »
Always wear the disposable ones couldn't imagine wearing a cloth one on top of it as well. :undecided: :laugh:

PAULT

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 04:48:07 pm »
answer do not go to hospital!!!!!

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 07:09:16 pm »
answer do not go to hospital!!!!!

unfortunately I don't have much of a choice.

JessicaH

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct, 2020, 09:07:55 pm »
Surgical masks only in Lorca health centres and hospitals.  Den like this since pandemic began.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct, 2020, 12:59:08 pm »
I can fully understand this and only hope people do not 'wear' them as I have seen so many, with them either under their noses or, worse, under their chins. :shocked:

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct, 2020, 05:39:50 pm »
Whilst I totally understand this not all cloth masks are the same - the ones I made for hubbie and me are double layer with an additional layer for a filter pocket (which we are putting a coffee filter in) and a nose wire to make sure they fit properly.  I have made loads for us so they are washed after every use.  If you try to blow a candle out wearing one the flame does not even flicker - I am so 'sad' that I tried!  Seeing the state of some of the surgical masks it is obvious some they are not being treated as disposable.  I just wish people would either dispose or wash their mask after one use - and, like Frankie, wish they would wear them properly.

Wolfie

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct, 2020, 08:17:02 am »
I was at Huercal hospital yesterday and half of the people that I saw were wearing cloth masks.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct, 2020, 09:28:25 am »
I bought 4 masks from the lady who makes the masks for the Guardia.  I designed the outer pictures.  They are the same as shelav describes with an inner layer plus the outer, with the internal pocket for the filter.  Very comfortable to wear as the side elastic that fits over my ears is specifically to fit me and the wire to hold it over my nose.  Each one is only worn once before being washed. 
I figured that as we¡ll be wearing them for some time to come, I might as well have ones I like.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 24 Oct, 2020, 07:57:58 am »
You now have to wear them when sat in a bar/restaurant unless you are actually eating/drinking

https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/18/actualidad/202746/andalucia-ya-es-obligatoria-la-mascarilla-en-bares-y-restaurantes