Author Topic: Amazon!!!  (Read 4324 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Amazon!!!
« on: 16 Oct, 2020, 09:54:08 am »
I ordered some Jumbo bath sheets via Amazon almost 7 weeks ago.  The company did not deliver to Spain so asked for them to be sent to a UK address which could then be redirected.  They were delivered to a UK address on 17th September and the address was in Bristol, just not the address I had asked them to deliver to.  I made direct contact with the seller who showed that the UK address I had put on the order was where they had delivered it to..  I reckon that when I had typed the address in, it had automatically changed it to the same number and road but with a different postcode.   They refused to refund or replace my order so I contacted Amazon directly yesterday.  Within around 15 mins I'd had a messaging conversation with them and they agreed to refund my money and it would take 3 - 5 days. It is back in my account this  morning!  I am well impressed by their customer service.  I have now ordered similar Jumbo bath sheets from a company which delivers to Spain.. 

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Amazon!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct, 2020, 10:41:47 am »
I ordered two fairly expensive items.  An Alexa Echo Dot and a battery charger/carrier for it.  Ordered together, came a day apart.  Both items just put in the garden by the gate, no attempt to phone.  We were out on both occasions.  Correos Express.  I think I should complain to Amazon.es

Lmj19

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct, 2020, 11:07:06 am »
On another forum someone said they would never buy from Amazon unless  they replanted the rain forests!.lol

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct, 2020, 05:11:03 pm »
On Monday we ordered a small converter for AV to HDMI and it was scheduled for delivery Friday, Correos Express were given the parcel in Madrid on Tuesday morning and said via an email that they would be here Thursday. Guess what!

After a chat session with Amazon late Thursday afternoon they passed on my suggestion that if it wasn't delivered when promised they shouldn't send out their emails. The Correos supervisor agreed and said it would be here on Friday as scheduled.

Lunchtime Friday I received the phone call but was in the garden (heard the ringing through the window) by the time I got there it had stopped and a text came in immediately saying reschedule - the lazy git didn't even try to deliver, just cancelled it when I didn't answer the phone.

So I rang him back, three times until he answered.. I told him I was at home, he was at Mora Oil (surprise surprise) and could I collect it from there?  So..... as I'd been busy in the garden and fancied a little drink, and it was POETS day and I was in a sort of good mood I said I'd nip down later for it.

There are a few drivers in the area for CX and this one is very pleasant, knows where I live (and he's in my phone) but a 16km detour does set him back a bit and he tries to avoid driving here as much as possible but all in all if I am able to pick it up I will, and it's a good excuse for 1/2 an hour off. 🤣😎

p.s. One time he rang me up, said I'm at Mora Oil can you collect? I said NO, you can deliver! He looked very dejected as I watched him across the car park and waved, laughing hahaha

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct, 2020, 07:26:32 am »
If you have to collect tell Amazon.  a friend does this, she is in la Judea and collection in Arboleas, she gets any delivery charge re funded ans a free month of Amazon Prime.  they are paid to bring it to you.  I know they aren't paid a lot

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct, 2020, 10:43:10 am »
I used to give my home address but as I am in the campo and even though thy drive past my house to get to Somontin village, I lost several items.  It was such a faff getting money back that I changed delivery to a lady in Purchena who used to do Avon and Betterware, so was known by most delivery co.s.
So far, I have only had one go astray and it was plants I'd ordered from UK.  They got as far as Albox and then said they did not know where Purchena was,

Lmj19

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct, 2020, 12:33:59 pm »
Drax, I got one of those converters from Steve Haynes in Albox

Drax

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct, 2020, 02:30:37 pm »
I have my house GPS co-ords on my delivery address, they have absolutely NO excuse for not finding me. The chat guys look and can see my car on the satellite link - they can tell me the make and colour, so why can't the delivery guys do the same thing and get here => lazyness, it's a 16km detour from the main Albox road perhaps?

When they load up their vans if they don't know where there are going they should check it out before they leave and they also have those smart gadgets that send a message within seconds when delivered.

On Friday, I just fancied a pint even though I'd paid for delivery at home and yes I know the tech shops have them, (the todos don't) but Amazon had their Prime Day and it was reasonably priced in my opinion and not particularly urgent.  :thumbsup: