Author Topic: Captain Tom  (Read 5234 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Captain Tom
« on: 31 Jan, 2021, 08:10:48 pm »
He was admitted to hospital suffering from pneumonia and has tested positive for Corona virus.  He is an inspiration to all perhaps some of the younger generation could take note.  May he recover.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Captain Tom
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 09:38:22 pm »
It really shook me when I heard it earlier on the news.  It felt like family almost....  I hope he pulls through.  Apparently he had not been intubated which is a good sign.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 02 Feb, 2021, 05:56:04 pm »
Unfortunately he has passed away, do very sad.  If full funerals were allowed it would be a massive turnout. What he achieved last year was staggering and he became famous all over the world.  He was a bright star in dark times.  Rest in peace Sir Captain Tom.   :cry: :cry: :cry:
« Last Edit: 02 Feb, 2021, 06:00:55 pm by Roscoe »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb, 2021, 12:00:09 pm »
He was a one-off and it is doubtful anyone else will ever achieve what he has in his final year of his life. It was very moving seeing so many people of all ages inspired to do something themselves in lockdown after seeing his determination. Most made me smile and some made me sad and I suspect it was similar with a lot who watched.
I really do hope the UK Govt will do something to mark his amazing achievement....

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb, 2021, 05:22:22 pm »
I really do hope the UK Govt will do something to mark his amazing achievement....
Boris has asked everyone to clap at 6pm tonight  :yawn:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 06 Feb, 2021, 01:27:06 pm »
It needs to be something more tangible that that. 
I cannot stand at the kerbside clapping as my house is on the main road up to the village.  If anyone were to see me standing in the dark, clapping I am sure social services would be informed... :wink: