Author Topic: The final part of the marble motorway  (Read 4258 times)

Drax

The final part of the marble motorway
« on: 30 Jul, 2021, 07:35:16 am »
The works of the last section of the Almanzora highway begin this Friday
The connection between La Concepción and the A-7 has an investment of 24 million and 3.6 km

The works of the last section of the first phase of the Almanzora Highway, the section that will finally connect this road with the Mediterranean Highway and that will run between the A-7 and La Concepción, begin this Friday, July 30.

The construction of this section of the A-334, which has an investment of 24 million euros and a length of 3.6 kilometers, was awarded on June 25 to a joint venture formed by Eiffage Infraestructuras, Constructora San José and Construcciones Pérez Jiménez and is scheduled to culminate before the end of 2022.

With this, in addition to the structuring of the entire region of the Almanzora Valley, Juan Manuel Moreno Bonilla would fulfill the promise he made when the works of the Almanzora Highway were resumed in 2019: to achieve the long-awaited connection with the A-7 before to finish his term.

This section will give continuity to the section under construction between El Cucador and La Concepción , which faces its last weeks of works (its inauguration is scheduled for September, half a year ahead of schedule), giving real meaning to the highway, with an exit both to the residents of the area and the booming merchandise traffic from the marble region.

It has an investment of 24,052,934 euros co-financed with European Feder funds . Roads with two lanes in each direction of 3.5 meters, a 2.5 meter hard shoulder, a one meter interior shoulder and 1.1 meter berms are planned.

The median will be six meters wide. Two new links will be executed , located at the beginning and at the end of the section. The first link will be located at kilometer point 3 + 250 of the new highway and will facilitate access to the new photovoltaic plant and the districts of La Concepción and El Palacés. The second will serve as a connection between the A-334 and the Autovía del Mediterráneo.

In addition, five overpasses are proposed : a 45-meter-long viaduct to cross the Barranco del Muerto, an overpass to replace the Vereda de la Cuesta Blanca and three in the aforementioned link with the A-7. Likewise, an underpass is foreseen in the Rambla de la Ballabona.

https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/3/provincia/219218/las-obras-del-ultimo-tramo-de-la-autovia-del-almanzora-empiezan-este-viernes

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: The final part of the marble motorway
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul, 2021, 08:04:05 am »
I wonder how little traffic it will carry?  Surely 50% of all the traffic going up and down the valley will be going in the other direction, towards Murcia so will come off at Cucador.  There isn't that much traffic anyway.  I think it was originally planned to ease congestion caused by marble lorries - can't remember when I last saw one  :undecided:

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul, 2021, 09:28:16 pm »
Obviously anyone going to Vera or Almeria and the lorries to and from the port but yes a waste of time it you are heading north, bit like driving down to Vera to take the Cartagena toll road when you can jump on it at Pulpi  :thumbsup:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul, 2021, 09:11:36 am »
It'll make a massive difference to those of us who live up at this end of the valley.  Once I am on the valley floor, which takes just under 12 minutes, it will be motorway right down to the coast.  The new section of road linking Vera and the coastal towns is well on it's way (finally! It was started when I was looking for property in the region in 2003), so should bring coast closer to us mountainfolk.

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul, 2021, 01:49:45 pm »
"mountainfolk" - images of Beverly Hillbillies driving to California came to mind. Sorry Granny  :rofl:  :hi: :thumbsup:
 :tiphat:
« Last Edit: 31 Jul, 2021, 01:56:20 pm by Drax »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul, 2021, 06:52:36 pm »
You've got it about right ;)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug, 2021, 01:19:06 pm »