Author Topic: Wh a a a a a a t????  (Read 4417 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Wh a a a a a a t????
« on: 05 Aug, 2021, 11:27:37 pm »
I have just heard on the news that some club has just paid 100Million Pounds for a footballer transfer!  Am I alone in thinking that is an obscene amount? :headshake: :dunno:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Wh a a a a a a t????
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug, 2021, 06:54:05 am »
Absolutely  :angry:

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug, 2021, 04:17:33 pm »
but Grealish is a great talent and City will probably benefit from his 6 year contract and the friendship he already has with Phil Foden.

Signing Grealish just before Messi decided to leave Barca might have thrown a spanner in the works as I'm sure Messi would have liked to played for City.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug, 2021, 02:09:05 pm »
Maybe, I do not follow football since the days of jimmy Greaves (I used to do his garden in Brentwood when I was at a loose end and helped a friend out).  I suspect other sportsmen get as much, if not more ie Lewis Hamilton but it was just the shock of hearing the amount that made me pause...

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug, 2021, 04:25:43 pm »
Now we've got representatives for Messi negotiating with PSG. As a "free agent" without a transfer fee his wages are likely to be phenomenal.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug, 2021, 07:54:34 pm »
I think most of these top sports people are a business rather than an individual.  They have trainers, managers, PR handlers etc

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 07 Aug, 2021, 08:25:27 pm »
even individual chefs to control their diets  :clap:

jimmymac

« Reply #7 on: 08 Aug, 2021, 06:14:41 pm »
Yes Grealish is a great talent but has still has a lot to prove, including the £100 million fee paid for him By Man City. No player is worth that, including Messi who has been a fantastic player for Argentine and Barcelona but getting a bit old in football terms now.
I remember when the £1million transfer was broken and the public outcry over that, those were the days. It could have been Trevor Francis from Wolves to Nottingham Forest, I might be wrong, I often am these days. :laugh: :laugh:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug, 2021, 01:52:19 pm »
I ned an individual chef to control my diet but do not have 100Millin to spare.... :evil: