Author Topic: Snow?  (Read 6674 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Snow?
« on: 22 Nov, 2021, 12:03:30 pm »
There appears to be a thin covering of snow up on the Witch's Tit this morning...  I have frost forecast for every night this week.... :shocked:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Snow?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov, 2021, 12:37:50 pm »
I couldn't see it on this side

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov, 2021, 02:37:40 pm »
The side directly in front of me faces North, which is where I saw the snow via my binoculars.  It could also have been a heavy frost, hard to tell the difference and probably gone by now...  Whichever one it was, it's very cold up in them thar hills....

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 02 Dec, 2021, 03:35:22 pm »
My forecast for wednesday night and into thursday morning is for snow.  Pretty as it may be, I do not want any!  For the past 3 years, if there has been any here it has melted as it hits the ground but as I will also be getting frost at the same time, I doubt I'll be as lucky.  It does have time to change before then, PLEASE!!!
I gather Granada has had record amounts since the weekend...

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan, 2022, 01:42:26 pm »
Big change in the temperatures up here.  There is a bit of snow on Teta De Bruja opposite, on the north side which faces me.  There's also a lot more further up the valley on the Filabres de Baza... 
Winter has arrived after the unseasonably warm weather we've been lucky to have recently! The wind when I went out earlier was bitingly cold.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jan, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
Down here, yesterday morning, the wind was biting but today there was very little.  Walking atv8.15 it was cold

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 09:28:43 am »
Now the sun is shining, if you glance up the valley towards Baza direction, the mountains have snow on them, including Teta de Bruja (the Witch's Tit) and they are looking absolutely stunning!
I've yet to brave the cold and see what last night's temperature was but there ¡s no doubt it will have been a minus number overnight.

Lmj19

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 10:43:31 am »
Yes Frankie, snow on Teta de Bruja

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 11:34:23 am »
I had 0.8 overnight!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 01:07:25 pm »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 01:32:01 pm »
It was incredible when The sun was shining and sky was so blue.  I took several photos with my phone and thought I'd managed to send it to friends but I failed!  Need to 'play' with it a bit more.... :shocked:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan, 2022, 03:08:15 pm »
I know I am wasting my time but looking at the photo on your phone there should be some symbols under it.  One is a square with an upward arrow.  click on that and it will give you options like facebook, messenger, email etc....Nah wasting my time  :rolleyes:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jan, 2022, 11:42:08 am »
Not necessarily! I did work out how to send photos to people on my WhatsApp list.  It's taking time but I'm slowly getting there.  I spent half the day yesterday trying to send photos to people and it wasn't until quite late PM I realised WhatsApp was turned off.    :blank:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jan, 2022, 12:45:26 pm »
 :cheesy:,

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #14 on: 02 Apr, 2022, 02:30:59 pm »
Checking the forecast from this very chilly mountain, I see I can expect snow all day on monday and also tuesday.  I know it has time to change but it's not got long... :snow: :snow: :snow: :freezing:

This morning (monday) started with rain, it has now turned to sleet - snow to follow??  It feels very cold... :cold:
I'm looking forward to the balmy weather on thursday when it is supposed to be dry and even Sunny :sun: :sun:
« Last Edit: 04 Apr, 2022, 01:59:47 pm by frankie »