Author Topic: Maton  (Read 5397 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Maton
« on: 02 Jul, 2019, 12:34:49 pm »
It used to be brilliant but it just doesn't work anymore for me.  Have they changed the formula?

AnnieM

Re: Maton
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jul, 2019, 12:39:50 pm »
Which one do you use?  I still find the gold top effective.

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jul, 2019, 12:53:29 pm »
If its for ants  mix white vinegar and water  ( mosty vinegar )!and spray on the ants or wherever they travel. It kills them and they hate the smell.
Sprinkle talcum powder wherever they are and they will avoid it and neither are harmful to animals.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul, 2019, 02:54:34 pm »
How odd, Judi as I am also not finding it so effective.  I still have lots left in the can I bought last year but am considering buying a new one to see if that would be better.  I have discovered several baby scorpions in my living room and a centipede in the kitchen and think they are coming in under the front door which I spray round on a regular basis, even though it says it is effective for one year.  The other morning I also found a wide trail of those tiny little ants making for 2 separate bowls of cat crunchies on opposite sides of the room.

Bea

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul, 2019, 02:59:57 pm »
Maton 1 ano hasn’t worked for me at all this year, always worked before.
They have either changed the recipe or the ants in Arboleas have become immune!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul, 2019, 03:02:37 pm »
And a far as Somontin, Bea...  Does anyone know if it goes off after a while?  I cannot see a use by date on my tin.

Bea

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul, 2019, 02:57:23 pm »
😼don’t know

PuffTheMagicDragon

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jul, 2019, 03:07:06 pm »
I just put a sign outside telling them that they’re not welcome, as well as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, gas inspectors & charity calendar salesmen.
Strangely this doesn’t work either  :dunno:

Puff

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul, 2019, 12:23:10 pm »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

AnnieM

« Reply #9 on: 08 Aug, 2019, 08:21:08 am »
I’ve been bothered with those tiny wee ants this year.  I bought a can of Super Maton (pink can) and it seems to be doing the trick.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 08 Aug, 2019, 11:06:03 am »
First year for about 4 years with none in the kitchen.  I'm sure it was that termite stuff

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: 08 Aug, 2019, 01:38:36 pm »
I had those teeny little ants last year and my Spanish neighbour suggested getting the ant traps from Mercadona.  I found them in the section which has bug sprays, moth balls etc.  I bought 3 and put them in the places where I thought they were and have had non so far this year.
The Maton can I bought last year was definitely not working this year.  I have bought a new one and so far that is OK