Author Topic: Amazon es  (Read 5481 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Amazon es
« on: 04 Jul, 2019, 08:15:58 pm »
I have had my orders delivered to Total Entertainment in Albox for years, trying to place an order and it won't accept this address, tried our home address problems with that as well.  :angry:

Drax

Re: Amazon es
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul, 2019, 08:21:01 pm »
Maybe their systems are down. Give it a few and retry later  :dunno:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul, 2019, 08:36:48 pm »
Thanks Drax, was beginning to think it was because we are on fibre optic from this morning.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 07:08:36 am »
Still getting  nowhere.  :angry:

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 08:17:45 am »
I can't see how changing to Fibre Optic would affect a delivery address  :undecided:

Is there anyone else you can check it out with, next door, wifi bar, internet cafe, family members?

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 09:05:13 am »
I have contacted Claire today and she is on the lookout for any packets delivered to her today from Amazon especially to see what address is on them.  Had a similar problem a few months ago and changed over two of the address lines and it was accepted.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jul, 2019, 04:40:06 pm »
Now sorted they require a number for the premises, when I added it it then changed the address around, now saved for future use. :smiley:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jul, 2019, 12:17:07 pm »
Slightly off topic but I have been downloading Books from Amazon for several years. Suddenly on wednesday, although it recognised my email address it was unable to verify my location and it must be in a country listed on my Amazon account.  Looks as if they are playing silly buggers all round....

Drax

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul, 2019, 01:11:42 pm »
Looking into this a little deeper and thinking about your problem "logically" I guess (from information gleaned on the net) that Amazon have teamed up with their delivery partners database of addresses and if you aren't on that list it will auto-reject. Your address needs to be accurate to fit their lists (AI isn't in play here yet.)

The databases will probably vary from company from company, so UPS, DHL, Correos, SEUR, etc.. will have their own criteria of where to deliver in this area depending on the cost vs payment for driving up, say, the Arroyo Aceituno which is why so many packets are returned as address unknown/does not exist when you refuse to meet them at Mora Oil or Maloans bar.

It's been mentioned that SEUR for instance get 1 euro per parcel which makes them profitable in city centres but not up here in the sticks.
 :tiphat: