Author Topic: wet, wet wet!  (Read 6684 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
wet, wet wet!
« on: 17 Sep, 2022, 09:06:16 am »
Just checked next week's weather for up here and from Wednesday onwards it is forecast to rain.  I wonder if I shall be able to put the hose away or will it pass me by?  I know, according to the chart, that I get more than most, it is so annoying to watch it coming down from Baza with really black skies and hearing thunder, ony to see it split before reaching me.  I can then see it travelling down the Filabres mountains opposite and the Estancias behind the village while I am in bright sunshine.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: wet, wet wet!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct, 2022, 11:29:13 am »
I was up in Sufli yesterday, which is a village on opposite side of the Almanzora valley to me, in the Filabres.  Not a drop of rain there.  Drove down to Olula and it was hammering down, with rivers in the streets.  Drove back up towards my village and it was getting dryer and dryer.  I'd not had a drop.  However, I did get rain overnight and had 11ml in rain gauge.  Garden is breathing a sigh of relief but loads more is needed.  Did everyone get rain?

Lmj19

« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct, 2022, 02:50:42 pm »
It rained here, for about 3 minutes yesterday.lol

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct, 2022, 03:34:10 pm »
Not a drop here yet.  Some sand on Wednesday night

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct, 2022, 02:11:45 pm »
When I checked weather for up here this morning, I have rain forecast every day next week, starting tomorrow night before dying out on friday. :smiley: :smiley:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 09 Oct, 2022, 05:39:10 pm »
Black all round, went down to Mojacar and the sun came out.  A few spots on the windscreen on the way down but it may have been the car in front washing their windscreen???

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct, 2022, 11:42:24 am »
It's now changed and 'only' supposed to rain from now until pm wednesday... :sad:

Lmj19

« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct, 2022, 07:02:10 pm »
It's now changed and 'only' supposed to rain from now until pm wednesday... :sad:

Did you get the rain this afternoon? A good downpour, thunder and lightning!

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct, 2022, 09:38:44 pm »
We did near Almanzora, 5 minutes and I thought, oh no missed us again.  No half an hour of torrential rain.  Yes :laugh:. And I think more is coming.   

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 11 Oct, 2022, 07:39:58 am »
Flooded the garden

Lmj19

« Reply #10 on: 11 Oct, 2022, 09:44:08 am »
Don’t know if the rain was dirty, but it got all the months of dust off the roof, so patio area looks awful again.
Car was under cover, so that’s still dirty! More to come, do our planting on Friday I guess

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 11 Oct, 2022, 10:53:06 am »
Yes same here, lots of sand but I think it came off the roof

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 11 Oct, 2022, 06:45:43 pm »
Yes, it was torrential up here.  It was 'clean' rain as my car is cleaner than it's been in a few weeks  There is a lot of sand in bottom of both rain barrels though, so it must have come off the roof...
According to forecast, it should have been raining all afternoon but there's been none.  Forecast has changed with no more in forseeable future after today?  Glad I didn't put the hose away...