Author Topic: Sad!  (Read 10269 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Sad!
« on: 11 Nov, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »
I currently have a rescue cat, approximately 18 months old, plus 2 sisters around 11 - 12 weeks.
One of the kittens is trying to make friends with the 'big' cat but it just isn't happening.  She's making all the right moves showing she is not wanting to fight but to play.  She lays on her back in submissive posture while the older one spits and
swears at her.  I just don't think the older one understands 'play'.  She was rescued from the streets of Malaga in a sorry state, with her tail broken in 2 places and a number of teeth missing, including a canine.  I assume her time was spent concentrating on survival and not on being a kitten..  How sad is that....

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Sad!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov, 2022, 08:52:24 pm »
Very, but as they get older they chill. :wink: of

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov, 2022, 07:25:16 am »
Very sad, our one eyed wonder, Coco, doesn't do play.  We were told that her and Zebedee were "inseparable" but they really don't like each other.  We had had them a year when Josh was dumped on us at about 5 weeks old.  Josh and Coco bully Zeb although he is the biggest and picks fight with neighborhood ferrel cats and usually wins

Josh

Coco

Zebedee
« Last Edit: 12 Nov, 2022, 07:35:11 am by Judi_bk »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov, 2022, 10:42:33 am »
Wow, Judi, hasn't Josh become dark but what an unusual coat!  All 3 are so beautiful and look so healthy.  Life would have been different ou on the streets.  When I got Jazzy and a big black and white cat from the rescue in Granada, I was told they were also told they were inseparable.  Not true they hated each other one the B&W one was not litter trained and was not using either the tray or news paper I gave him to use.  When vet examined him, it turned out he was a very sick cat and with a severe heart murmur so had to be euthanized.
The people from TNR do an incredible job trying to prevent so many unwanted kittens in and around Arboleas and are always in need of donations of food for the ones they care for...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov, 2022, 06:15:44 pm »
I think Josh has feline Vitiligo - the vet, Juan, says the cat doesn't know and he's happy.  His paw pads and nose were chocolate now they are all pink.  He is 6 kilos, so is zEbedee

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov, 2022, 11:37:20 am »
One of the kittens has black 'beanz', so will be a dark cat, her twin has pink 'beanz', so will be lighter than her sister.