Author Topic: Register to vote  (Read 12032 times)

roger

Register to vote
« on: 23 Dec, 2022, 03:24:24 pm »
Arboleas town hall is very busy phoning people to ask them to register to vote.
They are phoning everyone on the padron, including many who live in the UK (and therefore shouldn't be on the padron).
But getting the town hall to remove you is very difficult.

Does this mean the Mayor is sensing low support amongst the Spanish?
He seems to be out of touch.
It's hard to find British residents who will support him.
Certainly not people who have had to get an afo to get an escritura, and then been told by the deputy mayor to expect a future bill from the town hall of between 10k and 20k.

Many people have said to me that they will never vote for the current council.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Register to vote
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec, 2022, 07:46:51 am »
Most people I know have had a registration form from Oficina del Censo Electoral.  You just sign it with your NIE number and send it back.  And who is the alternative Roger, and what do they stand for?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec, 2022, 10:45:44 am »
 I've had a letter to fill in and return in order to vote in local elections in 2023, which I have done.
I have had to delete the following bit as it was to say I hadn't had had the usual christmas hamper from the Mayor, as it was just delivered!!!  I still don't vote for him.... :wink:

I've opened my hamper and I have - a bottle of cava, a bottle of cider, 4 different Turron, 2 boxes of chocolate, sweets, biscuits and Membrillo.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec, 2022, 11:08:55 am by frankie »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec, 2022, 03:31:38 pm »
I live in the wrong village!!

PS I thought it was just a pen?

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec, 2022, 07:13:08 am »
Arboleas town hall is very busy phoning people to ask them to register to vote.

That should give them an headache as Limaria has no phone coverage unless we go into town or walk up the hill when the wind is in the right direction to find a signal.

No one I've spoken to in the village intends to vote for the current council until the many promises by the Mayor, including his local TV report regarding emergency services not being contactable, are fulfilled.
 :thumbsdown:

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec, 2022, 07:24:23 am »
Most people I know have had a registration form from Oficina del Censo Electoral.  You just sign it with your NIE number and send it back.

I went into the Town Hall with our TIE cards and asked to be reregistered. I was given two of the above forms to fill in, Name, Address, NIE, etc. etc. The 40 sections have an index on the reverse in English to explain what the boxes are for.

Then we need to return to the Town Hall with original passports and presumably a triplicate copy of every piece of paper we can find.  :crazy: