Author Topic: ChatGPT  (Read 4595 times)

Drax

ChatGPT
« on: 11 Feb, 2023, 07:33:18 pm »
I'm really getting into this new Artificial Intelligent search and answer system from Micro$oft. They say (on the news) that Google is messing it's pants about it and rushing to catch up...

For instance (for those that haven't watched it) in an episode of Vikings Ivor the Boneless went to Kiev, the capital of the Rus. The Vikings were from Norway and usually raided East into "Rus". until Ragnor discovered England... but that's just a bit of background...

So I'm wondering why Ivor went to the Rus capital in Kiev... it seems like a long, long way. I'll ask ChatGPT and got such a great reply. I ask if Kiev was ever the capital of Russia - No it replies, but it was the capital of Rus. Please explain the difference between Rus and Russia....

Quote from: ChatGPT
Kievan Rus was a medieval state that existed in Eastern Europe from the late 9th century to the mid-13th century. It was located in what is now Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus, and its capital was Kiev. Kievan Rus was a loose federation of cities and principalities that were united under the rule of a single ruler. During its peak, it was one of the largest and most powerful states in Europe, with a thriving trade network and cultural achievements. The Kievan Rus was known for its trade and cultural connections with the Byzantine Empire, as well as its adoption of Christianity from Byzantium in the 10th century.

Russia, on the other hand, is a modern nation-state that emerged in the late 16th and early 17th centuries. It has a much longer history and has gone through many changes and transformations over the centuries, including the expansion of the Russian Empire in the 18th and 19th centuries and the formation of the Soviet Union in the 20th century. Today, Russia is a federal semi-presidential republic with a population of over 144 million people.

In summary, Kievan Rus was a medieval state with its own distinct culture and history, while Russia is a modern nation-state with a much more complex and diverse history. The two are related, however, in that the Kievan Rus laid the foundation for the development of the Russian state and nation.

Which *may* explain a little about why Putin is so obsessed with it, but can you get Google to do that sort of an answer?  :dunno:
ChatGPT - Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer. Google is calling it's (not yet launched) version Bard (must be Shakespeare related??)  :rofl:

Drax

Re: ChatGPT
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb, 2023, 07:40:11 pm »
And as a follow up.... schools, universities and the like are also messing their underwear because you can ask ChatGPT to write an 500 word essay on the (for instance) end of the second world war, and you'll get a perfect reply. How can they tell if the AI has generated the homework or the kids did it themselves?  :whistle:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb, 2023, 11:54:32 am »
WOW!!!  That is certainly food for thought, however if Putin felt he was entitled to take back Ukraine and Belarus, he would have broad cast that fact when he annexed the SE corner of Ukraine a few years ago...  I suggest it is purely and simply the fact he wants World domination and go further than Hitler did in the late 30's and 40's.

roger

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb, 2023, 02:09:27 pm »
This new system is nothing to do with enhancing human development.
It's just money making device by the rich internet companies.

It just gives potted cut and paste answers to complex issues.
It will remove the need for students to analyse and think, which will be a disaster for education.
And it's dangerous because there are always more than one summary of a situation.
This device will prioritize one answer which will become the only answer acceptable.
It's called brain washing.

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb, 2023, 07:59:48 pm »
You have good reasoning there Roger, except for the fact that brainwashing comes from advertising on TV or Radio many, many years ago,

"A million housewives every day, pick a tin of beans and say..." and it isn't one for me, one for you"..

AI is answering a lot of problems with possible solutions, which people act upon... results vary. It learns from feedback and adjusts.

I was given my first computer to work on way back before decimalisation and the conversions were reasonably easy. The Y2K thing was a rip off, I just told clients to grin and bear it, no one noticed the millennium change. I'd even Microwave Oven companies worried.. a load of utter hype (or rhymes with that).

It's the IC555 chip (a timer mechanism) - piece of cake, I used to make electronic die (dice) out of them way back in the 70's to play games with, random number between 1 to 6 please 🤣 and in the case of COBOL based computer systems, well that was even easier. 🤣

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb, 2023, 08:43:41 pm »
ChatGPT : Tell me about Arboleas.
Arboleas is a small town located in the province of Almería, in the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain. It is situated in the valley of Almanzora and is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, including the Sierra de los Filabres mountain range. The town has a population of around 4,500 residents and is known for its traditional Spanish culture, friendly locals, and peaceful rural atmosphere.

Arboleas is a popular destination for expatriates and retirees, as it offers a relaxed lifestyle, low cost of living, and a strong sense of community. The town is well-equipped with local amenities, including supermarkets, restaurants, bars, and a weekly market, where locals and visitors alike can purchase fresh produce, handmade goods, and local products.

In terms of cultural and historical attractions, Arboleas has a rich history, with evidence of human settlement dating back to the prehistoric period. Visitors can visit the nearby archaeological site of Los Millares, which is a famous Bronze Age settlement, or the church of Nuestra Señora de la Encarnación, which dates back to the 16th century.

Overall, Arboleas is a charming and peaceful town that offers a taste of traditional Spanish life, surrounded by stunning natural landscapes and rich cultural heritage.
:tiphat:

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb, 2023, 08:52:20 pm »
ChatGPT : explain Albox
Albox is a town located in the province of Almeria, in the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain. It is a bustling town with a rich history, and it is known for its well-preserved historic buildings and monuments, as well as its lively street life and bustling markets. Albox is also surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular destination for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, and birdwatching. The town is well-connected by road and is served by several bus and train services, making it easy to get to from nearby cities and towns.
OK ChatGPT show me the train line through Albox? haha
There is no direct train service to Albox, as the town does not have its own train station. However, it is well-connected by road and there are several bus services that run to and from nearby cities and towns. If you need to travel by train, you can take a train to the nearest station, which is in the city of Almeria, and then take a bus or a taxi to Albox. From Almeria, there are regular train services to major cities in Spain, including Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia, as well as international destinations such as France.

It's learning I guess🤔

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb, 2023, 04:33:38 pm »
Fascinating stuff! :smiley:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb, 2023, 07:59:29 am »
Very interesting - been on the site and will use it - i'ts very GREEN!!