Author Topic: ARBOLEAS COUNCIL  (Read 3735 times)

roger

ARBOLEAS COUNCIL
« on: 05 Jul, 2023, 11:00:41 am »
ARBOLEAS COUNCIL

I am not directly involved with the new administration, but an offering my help and will update people as I have information.

The Council will be run by a Coalition for the next 4 years.
For the first two years Jose will be Mayor and Pepa Deputy Mayor.
After 2 years these roles will be reversed.
The 3 remaining PP Councillors (numbers 2, 3 and 4 on the list) will be working in the Town Hall for the next 4 years, with various responsibilities.

Antonio will be the main point of contact and he has an office on the ground floor, next to the reception desk.
His specific responsibility, amongst others, is housing.
(He is in the UK this coming week sorting out his affairs there).

The new administration faces massive problems because of the absence of any information from the outgoing Mayor, so it will take some time to get things sorted.

INNOVATION 14
The intention is to help everyone obtain an AFO since this is the quickest way to get an escritura.
And it will probably be the only way, given that many areas have embargos on land owned by the builders.
These embargos will not be transferred to the owners using an AFO (IF you use a competent lawyer!!).
But as things currently stand the Land Registrar will not sign Parcelisation Projects if there is an embargo on any part of the estate.

Antonio has asked the officials to give him a list of all affected houses.
Amazingly no such file exists (!!!) so it will take a few weeks to prepare it.

In the meantime I have prepared a list of all Innovation 14 houses from my files I retained when I left the Town Hall.
I am receiving information from people and builders and lawyers to update this file.

I have already been in touch with some people, and have arranged for a group of houses to proceed to obtain their AFOs which the outgoing Mayor had blocked.

If this affects you please get in touch with me via
cornisadelport@hotmail.co.uk

The Councillors will be having meetings in around a week with planning officials to discuss this problem.
In particular the problem of Los Requenas which is the only area with a Parcelisation Project, but the Land Registrar will not ratify it. And the residents paid the taxes to the Town Hall over a year ago, but without being given a receipt.
This is certainly irregular, and possibly illegal. They have to now try to find where the money is which is difficult without documentation.

SEWAGE
We know that the previous Mayor instructed some people to connect to the sewage system even though all there is are collection chambers in the arroyo.
The new administration has promised to complete the sewage systems, but I am sure it will take some time.

There are plans to hold public meetings in the autumn (for the British and Belgians separately) when they have something positive to report.