Author Topic: Everything closed  (Read 5638 times)

Drax

Everything closed
« on: 22 Aug, 2023, 06:10:01 pm »
I don't mind people going on holiday but why do they have to do it all at the time, it's like Victorian wakes weeks all over again 😞

Drax

Re: Everything closed
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug, 2023, 06:20:25 pm »
Example, three motor mechanics on the Arbi poli when a warning light appeared this weekend, solved it myself in the end...

Today at the Albox market, only the Elephant bar open in the donkey sq. - doing a roaring trade, three other (non-bar) related places I wanted to go, closed with "on holiday" notices.

Saw my local painter chap in town, on holiday : builder sent a message saying he's sorry, forgot! He'll pop round if it's urgent but on holiday (it's not even partly urgent and it's not our house he's due to visit) no problem  = see you next month 🤣

Two weeks shut down, let's all go to Blackpool to cool down a bit eh?

Ollie

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug, 2023, 08:49:44 am »
Miguel the Electro Mechanic on Arboleas Poligono told me a few weeks back that he was shutting the garage for good, as he’s had enough with all the hassle Drax. Been using him since I came here, so will need to find another mechanic.
Maybe the Spanish are all fed up of us foreigners here on permanent holidays while they have to graft away every day, but it seems to me that when I first came here, absolutely everyone shut down for August, which they don’t all do now.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug, 2023, 10:20:01 am »
yes Ollie everything did close for August except some bars and restaurants.  I think this year the heat has made people consider closing

Lmj19

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug, 2023, 11:43:50 pm »
Yes, I’ve noticed more places closed and for longer.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug, 2023, 09:44:52 am »
I also remember when all the marble factories were closes u this end of the valley.  I've been trying to get hold of a plumber since end of july - no chance. In all honesty, I would not want to,work with the sort of temperature s we've had  this summer.  After watering my garden at 7 am, and it taking just under an hour, I've come inside dripping from every single pore on my body and in dire need of coffee and brandy... :shocked:.

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug, 2023, 01:34:44 pm »
Miguel the Electro Mechanic on Arboleas Poligono told me a few weeks back that he was shutting the garage for good, as he’s had enough with all the hassle Drax. Been using him since I came here, so will need to find another mechanic.

I go to Pedro, immediately behind Mora Oil, can't fault anything he's done since my usual mechanic retired a few years ago. Pedro was his apprentice in the distant past and now also owns the Kurban "Pit Stop" opposite Indal Pool.

Ollie

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug, 2023, 07:33:04 pm »
Yes Drax. Have used him for a puncture repair in the past. So may give him a try. Thanks for the heads up.