Author Topic: Busy?  (Read 4732 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Busy?
« on: 09 Sep, 2023, 05:38:44 pm »
Is there a particular reason why both Mercadona in Albox and in Olula were like feeding time at the zoo today? In Albox, Pòlice were called to control crowds wanting to get inside and only allowing a few in at a time.  In Olula, there was pandemonium in the large car parking areas.  Cars were stopped, waiting to grab a space, so other vehicles were unable to pass, with horns blaring and much gesticulation.  Trying to get out was a bit dicey as well.  Coming down off the top deck there was a queue back up to the top from the bottom as cars were not letting the upper deck to filter in.  I had everything crossed that the car behind me had decent brakes! all I wanted were soe tomatoes I'd forgotten to buy yesterday.  Luckily a nice man let me pass at the checkout or I'd still be there.
To my knowñedge there wasn't a holiday today?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Busy?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep, 2023, 05:43:58 pm »
It was a holiday yesterday - but that doesn't explain it!!!!  Were the police really called??!!

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep, 2023, 07:56:26 pm »
I was in the Albox Mercadona between 9am and 10am and the tills were quiet - only 3 open and very few people in the store. Obviously lucky that I went early.

Ollie

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep, 2023, 09:23:17 am »
It was just as bad at the roundabout to Lidl.
Never seen so much traffic round Albox. It was like rush hour at Picadilly Circus!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep, 2023, 11:45:14 am »
Yes, I was told by a lady who was one of those queueing and being held back until police permitred them to go in...
What holiday was it, Judi?  There's nothing on my calendar and Spanish friend didn't know of one. Even if there was, it would only have been one local to either Albox or Olula.
Wolfie, I usually go just before 2pm as shelves are being refilled and Spanish were at home preparing the meal for the workers, who hadn't leff their workplaces.  Usually empty in Olula at that time, apart from a few Brits, French or Dutch  :smiley:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep, 2023, 10:38:25 am »
It was Albox holiday for the Saliente walk

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep, 2023, 09:12:28 am »
Yes, I had forgotten and thought it was previous week.