Author Topic: Banks  (Read 4431 times)

Drax

Banks
« on: 29 Feb, 2024, 04:11:36 pm »
We received notification this week that Cajamar is increasing it's monthly fees from 10 euros to 20 euros, cheeky ***** !!

That's unless we jump through a load of hoops and stick what seems like millions into their non-interest savings accounts, do this, do that.

Spoken with Unicaja today and not only are they charging 10€ per month but included in their package are debit cards, something we have never had from Cajamar in the past 10 or more years.

Any thoughts or worries about Unicaja before we fill in the transfer form? Any other great banks in, around, Albox?

Cheers 🥰 

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb, 2024, 04:17:57 pm »
Sorry only know Cajamar and after their so helpful and sympathetic dealings when my husband died I won't change.

ramblagirl

« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar, 2024, 06:19:00 am »
Nor will I Judi. I have been with them for 21 years and they were also so helpful when Roy passed.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 03 Mar, 2024, 01:00:37 pm »
I joined Santader in UK before moving here.   Others have had serious problems with them but I've found them to be OK when there've been any problems  with my account when it was hacked. Getting the €500 back for me...

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar, 2024, 09:31:05 pm »
We went to Unicaja yesterday, easy and simple. Talking to a friend today they've just moved to Santander from a Vera branch of a bank that has changed names four times since they moved here.

Santander Albox can't/won't process their direct debit transfers and have them chasing around Endesa/  Galasa/ town hall / internet / basura etc.etc. offices to tell them the new account number.  :thumbsdown:

Unicaja just needed a signature on a transfer authorisation form.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar, 2024, 02:06:39 pm »
I must be the lucky one, as I have had reports of them being unhelpful, which  is not my experience...