Author Topic: Action  (Read 1365 times)

Drax

Action
« on: 19 Jul, 2024, 09:23:15 pm »
Action is in the old lidl building for those that aren't aware..

Today the stretch of road that used to take us into lidl was blocked off, they've removed part of the crash barriers and concreted the destruction. Looks like we have a new entrance or something, hope it isn't going to be yet another roundabout 🤨

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Action
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul, 2024, 10:05:13 am »
I am not sure what Action is.  A lot of people said it was similar to B&M.  I didn't like to admit I have no idea what B&M is  :embarrassed:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul, 2024, 10:22:11 am »
I was at Fontaalmanzora last week and they are going to have access from the main road.  so perhaps that is what is happening.

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul, 2024, 05:14:20 pm »
I am not sure what Action is.  A lot of people said it was similar to B&M.  I didn't like to admit I have no idea what B&M is  :embarrassed:
Action is a Dutch bargain outfit. https://www.action.com/nl-nl/ You can ask for the pages in Spanish at the footer but they don't seem to do English.

B&M are described as a "variety" store, household stuff, end of lines, left on the back of a lorry types... whatever the manufactures can't continue to supply to their customers get dumped to places like B&M Bargains.

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul, 2024, 05:15:40 pm »
I was at Fontaalmanzora last week and they are going to have access from the main road.  so perhaps that is what is happening.
That is one steep drop 🙄

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug, 2024, 07:00:10 pm »
A friend's son has a job there and they are training staff now.  It was due to  opem on 1st Aug (today) but obviously hasnt.  She's on holiday now,so I cannot ask what the hold up is...

Wolfie

« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug, 2024, 06:06:48 am »
It was mentioned that they would open on 8th August around 3 weeks ago.

Ollie

« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug, 2024, 10:35:15 am »
It’s open. Well worth a look, it sells allsorts at quite reasonable prices.

Wolfie

« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug, 2024, 07:09:08 am »
I went on the opening day (8th) and enjoyed the experience.  What I didn't enjoy was the scratch card that the cashier gave me when I came to pay.  You have to go on their website to register the code but it wouldn't accept my email address no matter what I did - I've only had it for over 20 years.  They haven't responded to my complaint yet.

Drax

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug, 2024, 06:15:34 pm »
Called in today after the market and on the way to Lidl, very impressed with the range of products and prices. I got a scratch card thing too, haven't paid it much attention yet.

Similarly I got a "registrate" leaflet from Lidl last week and followed the instructions for their App, a couple of young ladies stacking shelves checked the registration today and said point it at the till. Same young lady was on the till when we arrived there and smiled, pointed at the reader. All fine, lovely assistants. 5 ⭐

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug, 2024, 07:39:41 pm »
That whole area around there is going tobe pretty busy in the future...

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 02:52:35 pm »
I ventured into this place yesterday - just to have a nosey!  I spent €50 on things i hadn't realised I needed... :wink: