Author Topic: Cricket 🍀  (Read 11407 times)

Raymondo

Cricket 🍀
« on: 24 Jul, 2019, 06:00:21 pm »
England World cup champs were skittled all out against Ireland for 85 today.
Yes ,   "  Ireland ".  Perhaps we sould send them a few more Paddys to help out  Captain Morgan.
Love it.  Did I say I love it.
Maybe the Boris factor has kicked in already.
🎭

Doreen

Re: Cricket 🍀
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 06:24:22 pm »
The last time our cricket team ' upset ' a competition the manager committed suicide 😱☘️

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 06:27:11 pm »
Did I mention  that I love it. Made my day. 
Now to bowl out Arlene the Rotweiler !!!
☘☘

Doreen

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 06:30:46 pm »
Lol, yes you did say you loved it 😍

I would like to bowl Ms Foster out with a slap across that pickled trout face 😂😂😂

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 06:40:31 pm »
England will have to make history again to stop losing as no team in the last 112 years of Test cricket has made a total of 85 or lower in the first innings of the match and then gone on to win !

Magnificent play by the Irish to bowl them out for 85. Joe Root insists England must beware of "sleep walking" into their inaugural Test against Ireland at Lord's...oops !

Doreen

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 07:46:20 pm »
I prefer hurley or camoige 👍🏻

Ukulele

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 08:06:27 pm »
This thread has suddenly gone very quiet .. but as my Welsh nain used to say ......   yr hwn sy'n chwerthin chwerthin ddiwethaf hiraf   :tiphat:
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2019, 09:34:39 pm by Ukulele »

Raymondo

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 02:44:41 pm »
We got well hammered yesterday but  with an Irishman  winning the British Open Golf  we havent had a bad week.
I never saw a cricket pitch or match growing up and it will never take on in a big way i think.
Well done england on the comeback.

Drax

Re: Cricket
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 04:52:18 pm »
 :hi: I hadn't seen the cricket sports news until your post but then I checked and it says - Ireland 38 All out
He who laughs first, didn't really understand the situation. :whistle:

Marcus

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 05:59:36 pm »
Indeed Drax. Test matches can be a bit slow over the days. I prefer a one day international.

The famous John Arlott (cricker commentator) was talking away during one test match over four days and telling a long story about Fred Trueman with some stubborn batting by Geoff Boycott, when he suddenly just said "and he´s out" and carried on the rest of the story. Classic.   

Doreen

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 06:22:59 pm »
Indeed DRAX and Marcus, the good thing is the Irish can take their beatings. It's only a game. Lol

Raymondo

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 08:04:14 pm »
DRAX , its a game of cricket for goodness sake ,  there is no real Irish Cricket as its a foreign game  and not really practiced in Ireland  as the Irish like manly games like hurling and rugby and yes the Irish have always been generous in defeat   " as of course the English soccor supporters have been for the last 50 years."
Marcus , spot on as usual !!!
Never mind guys , England and northern Ireland may get a football team soon that might win something .  Well , Bozo said England will be the best in the world at everything so there.