Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 24093 times)

Raymondo

Re: Rugby World Cup
« Reply #15 on: 05 Oct, 2019, 08:14:59 pm »
Marcus , you might want to watch Kieran Reids totally illegal and dangerous armless tackle on Rumball the Canadian and the referee didnt see fit to issue a card and the governing body didnt either but then we dont want the All Black captain red carded do we ?! Who was the referee. ??
I find it amusing to see you quoting what  ( Sir ) Woodward  ( sic ) had To say and Wilkinson and Dallaglio  had to say.??
Remind me again where all these renowned experts come from .?????
Yes , thought so.
Nigel did not miss it as you put it , he just asked for clarification as I would expect him to do .
Quoting over the hill English players to find fault with one of the greatest ( honest ) referees in the game is not nice and not called for.
Nigel has had lots of issues in his life and thats his business  but he was perfect as he can be in his handling of this incident.
Leave other issues at home please.

Marcus

« Reply #16 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 01:37:13 pm »
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sir-clive-woodward-criticises-nigel-17036550

Dear Raymondo and Doreen, here it is from the Coach of the WINNING 2003 World Cup. I think he knows what he is talking about, and my opinion matched his that is all. I respect your decision to support the referee and his experience, but yet again the viewing public on this forum will see that you got the needle about something when in fact you missed the thread all along. Let´s leave the opinions here and move on to support the home nations left in the tournament. Well done England for being the first country to go through to the quater finals.

p.s. Try not to lecture me as Doreen has previously said she does not like it and I am one of her favourites  :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 06 Oct, 2019, 01:38:58 pm by Marcus »

Doreen

« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
😂😂😂😂😂
If I had to pick a favourite certain type of person  :undecided:, you would definitely be my first choice. I actually think you could get 1st prize.

If you consider it a lecture so be it. I will say again watch the match and make up your own mind.

Now let's leave the comments there.

Have a great day, hope the air isn't too thin for you. 🙏🏻

Marcus

« Reply #18 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 02:25:58 pm »
You cannot lecture someone to leave it there. Please.

Keep to the subject please, this is a thread about the decision yesterday. The article I quoted-you do not agree with ? Why some people do not accept the views of Sir Clive Woodward (maybe he was watching another incident  :laugh:)is their choice. I am certain you could find and name hundreds of rugby incidents where the referee has been wrong. Many TMO decisions have been wrong and the decision/result remained.

Let us hope Scotland can beat Japan and progress to reach the quarter finals as well, as it seems Wales and Ireland should also make it through to the next phase of the tournament.

Raymondo

« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 04:24:13 pm »
Does having a knighthood mean Clive Woodward is the Rugby expert .??
Did Jimmy Saville have one as well.??? Sir Rolf.?? God help us.
Thought it strange that Marcus who seems very knowledgeable  about Rugby but called him the Welsh referre,???
Or was it a ghoswriter ??

Marcus

« Reply #20 on: 08 Oct, 2019, 08:45:23 pm »
Raymondo you last said .....Or was it a ghoswriter ?? What is a ghoswriter ? In relation to my original post on the decision by the referee you are miles from the thread.   

Sir Clive Woodward is his title, and you drag up Sir Rolf and Jimmy Saville in your reply ?

Can you explain as many members and guests must be thinking what is Raymondo talking about now.

Maybe the (GB) fairies are out and about now ahead of 31/10! :wink:

jimmymac

« Reply #21 on: 09 Oct, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »
Another topic spoiled by petty remarks, seems to be certain members are continuing a feud from the previous forum. Give it a rest please!!! :sad:

Marcus

« Reply #22 on: 09 Oct, 2019, 07:42:37 pm »
Indeed Jimmy. What I have witnessed is members going off subject to be rude and recently the "blame game" as you said. Judy was polite in saying model members.

On subject, what a brilliant game of rugby today between Wales and Fiji. Wales down twice during a brutal and physical game came through with a stunning Josh Adams hat trick. Wales now qualify for the next phase. Well done Wales. With the typhoon predicted to hit Japan this weekend, if it does it will be the first time in the history of the Rugby World Cup that games will be cancelled. Games cancelled will be recorded as 0-0 draws. If that happens Wales will then face France and England will play Australia. The typhoon could continue through Sunday, so Scotland are at risk of losing out after a great performance today 61-0. Scotland will be strong favourites to beat Japan, so let us hope the Typhoon misses Japan altogether. With the size of each Rugby squad (31 players) I would have thought the games could be rescheduled as the quarter finals do not begin until 19/10.

Marcus

« Reply #23 on: 15 Oct, 2019, 11:58:45 pm »
After the typhoon the game went ahead and Japan beat Scotland, only the second time time in World Cup history have Scotland gone home without going through to the knock out stages. Scotland did not play poorly but Japan were on fire, suprisingly excellent and must now be looking to beat South Africa again after their win in 2015. It will be a tough ask, but home advantage will raise their game. England to knock out the Aussies, Ireland to emaulate their win against the All Blacks in Dublin nearly a year ago and Wales to beat France would be amazing. 

Good luck this weekend. England first up Saturday, then Ireland, with hopefully Wales to go through on Sunday. Japan v S.Africa-could be the game of the tournament.

Marcus

« Reply #24 on: 19 Oct, 2019, 09:22:08 am »
England are 3 to 1 on with the bookies. That is a bit flattering as I think even both coaches are expecting a close game. Difficult to call as Australia have played ball in hand as opposed to England mixing it with kicking the ball when Eddie Jones has dictated it. Can he emulate Sir Clive Woodward ? Australia will start stronger I feel with England getting stronger in the latter stages of the game. Hear we go.

Drax

« Reply #25 on: 19 Oct, 2019, 11:11:11 am »
Well, that was a load of fun  :thumbsup: :cool: :tiphat: :lol:

Marcus

« Reply #26 on: 19 Oct, 2019, 11:25:13 am »
Well done England, only 34% of the ball, but Australia attacked and England defended. Shame it was not closer for the neutrals but we will all take an England v Ireland semi-final. Come on Ireland in the next match.

Drax

« Reply #27 on: 19 Oct, 2019, 02:22:04 pm »
That game was *interesting* Ireland only turned up at around 65 minutes, but the All Blacks look to be a force to be reckoned with next weekend  :thumbsup:

Marcus

« Reply #28 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 12:37:03 pm »
Indeed. I think New Zealand are stronger than they were in 2015. Good spread of talent across the squad. Dan Carter was a legend and the worry is his repacement Mo´unga looks impressive. England will need to be faultless. Should be a great weekend next week with Wales going through in a nail biiting finish earlier this morning. Well done indeed.

Japan will show their pace today and their exciting brand of rugby against the mighty Springboks. S.Africa will have a score to settle after they were beaten by them four years ago. France had a man sent off whilst ahead, and then lost. S.Africa just had a prop yellow carded so Japan must get a few points now after an early try by S.A. to stand a chance. What I did not know until today is that Japan are ranked the 7th best team in the world, S.Africa 5th. We all know what the result should be ? Enjoy.

Marcus

« Reply #29 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 02:44:19 pm »
Well done S.Africa. Japan were fast and fearless, hats off to them as the host nation, a great performance, but against the physical strength of the mighty Springboks they faded after that 66 minute try. Wales will hope S.Africa make the same amount of miss tackles and mishandling they made today, when they meet next week. The best is yet to come hopefully from all four sides, and at the moment New Zealand are showing they are the best, of course back to back champions. If only Ireland had won it would have been the icing on the cake. Next time Ireland, new coach, new captain and a new era. Watch out for France in the six nations if they let their youngsters through.