Author Topic: Biometric Signatures  (Read 10145 times)

Drax

Biometric Signatures
« on: 12 Dec, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »
For those of us who sat through the attempt at explaining Digital Signatures this morning in Arboleas :yawn:  :yawn:  :whistle:
---------------------------------------

The Department of New Technologies of the City of Vera is implementing the new Biometric signature system in its Citizen Service Department so that citizens who make arrangements and procedures with the City Council in person can digitally sign forms and applications.

The implantation of tablets of digitalised signature will suppose, from its commissioning in January, that the citizen no longer has to provide a completed and signed form, since the application will be processed completely in electronic format, assuming a saving of time and of paper.

The new system will allow the capture of biometric data (physical and non-transferable characteristics of people) during the handwritten signature process on electronic devices and in this way both the document and the person signing it are linked, and are impossible to manipulate and / or insert into other documents.

The documents, which are in digital format, are displayed on the advanced electronic signature tablets for the user to sign on the screen and visualise the result during the signing process. Multiple signatures are allowed in the same document, maintaining the validity of each and every one of them. The tablets capture the line made and other biometric data, sensitive, unique and impossible to replicate, of the person signing. The electronic document maintains the integrity and authenticity of the document and does not move to any external server. Both the document and the person signing it are linked to the signatures, and are impossible to manipulate and / or insert into other documents.

As mentioned by the councillor of the area, Belén Carnicer during the test of the new devices “we are working on the implementation of all those technological advances that directly or indirectly result in a better service to citizens and all people demanding municipal procedures and services "

With the incorporation of these digital tools, and once the appropriate legal procedures have been formalised, the Citizen Assistance Service of Vera will become an Office of Assistance in the Field of Records, allowing interested parties to submit applications, briefs and communications addressed to Any Public Administration, either from the Administration

In general, the office will digitalise (scan) the application and other documents delivered by the citizen, returning the original to the interested party and delivering a receipt whose function is to prove its presentation to the Administration.

According to Antonio Ramos, responsible for computer science of the City of Vera, and one of the main architects of the implementation of this technology in the town hall, “in this way the City Council of Vera continues to be the most technologically advanced Andalusian public administrations and all this, with the main objective of offering its administrators the best possible service, without skimping on the efforts necessary to achieve it ”.

---------------------------

No doubt Arboleas will catch up eventually if the town hall ever manages to get it's website security certificate renewed (which expired January 2018) and why the initial presentation failed to connect...  :crazy:

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Biometric Signatures
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec, 2019, 10:53:10 am »
I doubt very much that this will catch n in my village with some very elderly people who will never trust this, even if they knew how to do it...  I know I wouldn't!
 :cool:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Biometric Signatures
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec, 2019, 01:35:08 pm »
To be honest I think a lot of the people I know would find it too difficult.  There are still people I know who can't find their way onto here