Author Topic: New TV Frequencies  (Read 4745 times)

Drax

New TV Frequencies
« on: 23 Jan, 2020, 01:39:45 pm »
Three weeks to adapt your DTT antennas / frequencies
From next February 13, some state and regional channels will stop broadcasting on their old frequencies in the 103 municipalities of the province of Almeria.

NO FEWER CHANNELS OR NEW 'TELES'
The change in DTT frequencies is required by the so-called Second Digital Dividend, which must be implemented before June 30, 2020, by European mandate, with space in the radio spectrum for the deployment of 5G telecommunications networks. This process does not imply the disappearance of channels, they simply change frequency, and your current televisions are still operational.

Regardless of the type of signal reception equipment in the building, the entire population of the province of Almeria must re-tune their televisions with the remote control as of February 13. with new DTT frequencies in these 103 municipalities of Almeria, receiving their television signals from the geographical areas of Almería Norte, Almería Sur and Granada Sur.

If anyone is struggling with these new regulations..

To minimize the impact of this process, the Council of Ministers approved on June 21 the direct granting of subsidies to the communities of affected owners, for a total value of 145 million euros, managed by the public company Red. The amount of the subsidy ranges between 104 and 678 euros per building, depending on the infrastructure previously installed in the building.

Aid term
Aid applications may be submitted 'online' until September 30, 2020, once the adaptation of the DTT signal reception facilities has been completed. It will be necessary to present the supporting documentation, including the invoice and the installation bulletin. Aid may only be requested for those actions that have been carried out by companies included in the Registry of Telecommunications Installers.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: New TV Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan, 2020, 02:10:11 pm »
 :shocked: :undecided: so what do we have to do?

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan, 2020, 03:58:38 pm »
Obviously we are talking Spanish digital TV, so if you have that already you *may* get a notification that channels numbers/frequencies have changed, "do you want to re-scan" is a common question. If your TV is set to English language it's very easy, just press yes.

Otherwise if you lose your programs, go to menu and use that to re-scan. I think menu systems will be different on TV makes/models so apart from the logic of how to re-scan frequencies I'm not 100% sure. It's what I've seen in the past when the numbers have changed.
 :thumbsup:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »
 :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan, 2020, 06:44:28 pm »
As a total ding bat where anything electronic is concerned, I assume this will not affect internet?

jimmymac

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan, 2020, 06:34:37 pm »
Shouldn't think so Frankie, Spanish TV channels only.  :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan, 2020, 11:29:50 am »
Thank you Jimmymac!  I did wonder as I get internet via a Spanish company :smiley: :smiley: