Author Topic: Essential Shopping  (Read 7193 times)

Drax

Essential Shopping
« on: 02 Apr, 2020, 10:11:06 am »
After yesterdays Lidl joke I thought it worth mentioning, for those people allowed to go into Albox, that Mercadona message system is announcing that they are closed on Thursday the 9th April, Friday, Saturday and Monday 13th.

Expect it to be chaos on Wednesday next week, maybe even Tuesday, as everyone fights to get their supplies in for the long Easter weekend.  :huh:

Other Mercadona stores may be on the same hours?  :dunno:

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Essential Shopping
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 10:24:41 am »
Do you know why?

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 10:26:26 am »
It's Easter :)

Hours and holidays are listed on their website:
https://info.mercadona.es/en/supermarkets?s=albox&k=883185312924

although this only covers a week at the moment it shows Thursday and Friday closed.
« Last Edit: 02 Apr, 2020, 10:33:49 am by Drax »

jimmymac

« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 10:32:47 am »
Easter Bedlam, going to be crazy.

Lmj19

« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 11:25:45 am »
I read some where that some shops would be open over Easter to prevent this. I’ll try and find out where I saw it.

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 11:43:08 am »
The Corner Shop in Albox has a sign up on the door saying they are open (if I remember correctly) on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday, normal hours - Closed Sunday. I'll check info next time I pass unless someone else is there sooner and can advise.

Lidl are saying on their website:
Festivo cerrado / Holiday closed:
- Jueves / Thursday 09.04
- Viernes/ Friday 10.04
- Lunes / Monday 13.04

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 01:11:18 pm »
I am going to Mercadona Olula in an hour or so and will check what their hours will be next week.  Have to admit I had no idea Easter was
that close!  This shut down is causing a lot of confusion to me and it doesn't take much...  :undecided:

Lmj19

« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 04:18:20 pm »
I am going to Mercadona Olula in an hour or so and will check what their hours will be next week.  Have to admit I had no idea Easter was
that close!  This shut down is causing a lot of confusion to me and it doesn't take much...  :undecided:

Any news Frankie? I still can’t find the post I was looking for, it was on Facebook. I will be going to Albox Lidl tomorrow and ask them to confirm opening hours.

Lmj19

« Reply #8 on: 03 Apr, 2020, 12:30:16 pm »
I didn’t get to Lidl this morning so couldn’t check their opening hours. Mercadona in Olula Del Rio was packed, queuing with trolleys around the car park.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 03 Apr, 2020, 01:21:46 pm »
The best time to go to Mercadona in Olula is between 2.45 and 4pm.  The vast majority of shoppers in Olula are Spanish and nothing gets in the way of siesta not even a shortage of loo rolls....

Lmj19

« Reply #10 on: 03 Apr, 2020, 01:50:57 pm »
The best time to go to Mercadona in Olula is between 2.45 and 4pm.  The vast majority of shoppers in Olula are Spanish and nothing gets in the way of siesta not even a shortage of loo rolls....

Haha, thanks Frankie.

BRIMAR

« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »
I read some where that some shops would be open over Easter to prevent this. I’ll try and find out where I saw it.

I saw a similar post on the N322 facebook page, but when I read it properly, it actually states the Valencian Government has decided that at Easter supermarkets in the province will be opening on Good Friday and Easter Monday. So I suppose it is down to each autonomous region to decide whether they are doing this.

The post has caused loads of confusion.

Lmj19

« Reply #12 on: 03 Apr, 2020, 04:17:57 pm »

I saw a similar post on the N322 facebook page, but when I read it properly, it actually states the Valencian Government has decided that at Easter supermarkets in the province will be opening on Good Friday and Easter Monday. So I suppose it is down to each autonomous region to decide whether they are doing this.

The post has caused loads of confusion.

Thanks for that. It could well be the post I saw.