Author Topic: It has arrived  (Read 15809 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: It has arrived
« Reply #30 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 01:07:58 pm »
I have just checked their website and there is no mention about it closing.  It simply gives the new closing time of 8pm...
I'm going to chance it...

Lmj19

« Reply #31 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 01:37:02 pm »
Erm sorry it was April fools!!

Lmj19

« Reply #32 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 01:40:38 pm »
I was there this morning, stopped by the police at the roundabout and asked where I was going and where I lived. Showed them the shopping in the boot and my list. Explained I was shopping for 2 neighbours also and going to the farmacia next. They did make a note of my car registration though.

The above is not April fools by the way.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 01:51:56 pm »
LMJ that really isn't funny

nanaspain

« Reply #34 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »
Our Spanish neighbour was on his way back from Mercadona to Arboleas today when he was stopped by the GC.  They checked his till receipt and told him that, in future, as he lives in Arboleas, he should shop only at Coviran, not Lidl or Mercadona as they are in Albox. They said he was at risk of a denuncia.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »
I know Brenda went to Harrisons in Albox today and was stopped but they didn't say anything and let her carry on

Drax

« Reply #36 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 04:11:16 pm »
Not personally but we received a report yesterday of British from Cantoria on the way to Albox being turned around and told to go home.

The official line is that you "stay at home" - if you need essential supplies you travel as little as possible and stay within your own town.  :rules:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 05:41:36 pm »
Thank heavens I live in a little village, fortunately near to Albox.

jimmymac

« Reply #38 on: 01 Apr, 2020, 06:14:24 pm »
Getting a bit too much like a 'Police State' now in telling people where they can and can't shop. I'm all for 'social distancing' etc. but feeling 'Big Brother' is now in control makes me feel a bit uneasy. :police:

ramblagirl

« Reply #39 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 08:42:50 am »
I'm all for it feeling like a 'Police State' if it means I'm kept safe from those abusing the rules however long it takes.

Wolfie

« Reply #40 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 08:47:49 am »
I'm all for it feeling like a 'Police State' if it means I'm kept safe from those abusing the rules however long it takes.
:undecided:
Agreed. Some people just don't like being told what they should be doing, might be something to do with their upbringing and less than strict parents.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #41 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 09:16:51 am »
Lmj19 ypu certainly caught me out!!!  I had o idea it was 1st April... I don't know what day of the week it is any longer let alone what month we are in...
I Shop in Lidl once ever 2 weeks as I have to take my cat to the vet for treatment then.  I leave her at vet then go to Lidl and pick her up on the way back.

jimmymac

« Reply #42 on: 02 Apr, 2020, 05:46:49 pm »
:undecided:
Agreed. Some people just don't like being told what they should be doing, might be something to do with their upbringing and less than strict parents.
Just don't like being told which supermarket/shop we should use perhaps on being a few hundred metres closer to our casa. Nothing to do with upbringing more a case of being a stubborn old git. Furthermore, I obey and respect the rules.  :laugh: