Author Topic: Shopping  (Read 5160 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Shopping
« on: 23 Apr, 2020, 06:24:40 pm »
Seems the panic shopping has calmed down. Went to Mercadona yesterday afternoon, no queue, straight in.  This morning went to Lidl, again straight in.  I noticed several vehicles with the driver waiting in the car and radio on, must have nearly wet themselves when the Guardia drove into the car park. :laugh:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Shopping
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr, 2020, 10:33:44 pm »
I suppose not ha ing us lot from Arboleas makes a difference.   The Guardia are often on the roundabout near Mora Oil.  I would love to shop in Mer adona again

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 01:04:06 pm »
Why can't you shop in Mercadona?
While on about Mercadona shopping, has anyone discovered a way to open the plastic bags for fruit and veg in Merkies while wearing plastic gloves????  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 24 Apr, 2020, 01:09:10 pm by frankie »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 01:11:16 pm »
We have been told by Policia Local not to shop/ not to travel outside the village.  The Guardia are often on the roundabout near Mora Oil. 

A man at Coviran today said he was stopped one afternoon this week and asked where he was going.  He said Lidl to buy dog food.  Guardia said he must go to Coviran.  He said "but it is closed now"  The Guardia said "then go tomorrow.

When I took Josh to the vets I saw no Guardia but the Vet gave me an official looking piece of paper to sign and copy to take with me in case I was stopped.  The Guardia were on the roundabout on my way back but stopping people heading for Albox

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 01:21:00 pm »
I take Katykat to the Nexo vet in Albox every 2 weeks for lazer treatment.  I was stopped just once and when I explained where I was going I was told there was a Nexo in Olula. I told them that branch did not have a lazer facility and he just waived me on.  I think I will ask for proof when I go next week.  I leave her at the vet and then go to Lidl, picking her up on the way back.  I was also buying pellets from Acar on the same day but no longer need them. 

FOGGY

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 03:06:20 pm »
One step forward 2 back.... Larga vida a Franco.

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 03:11:13 pm »
Couple of replies:

Frankie, those plastic bags are a nightmare, slyly remove a glove.

Judi, tell them you are going for petrol, motor oil, a spare bulb or windscreen wiper. Stay safe though.

and it doesn't excuse the guys dog food argument that it's more expensive at Coviran than Lidl, (which we've heard a lot of elsewhere) - if he want's to put his life (and others) at risk for a few centimos for Fido then he's already brain dead.  :crazy:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr, 2020, 06:13:59 pm »
I too had to remove my glove to open the plastic bags and when I use the tissue and sanitizer I always get it all over the gloves. :angry:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr, 2020, 10:03:46 am »
So glad I am not alone.  In fact it has been quite amusing as several of us struggle to get the damn bags open.  I suppose it does give us a bit of a giggle with strangers 2 mtrs apart.  Perhaps there should be some sort of competition to see who has a fool proof method.  I notice that those working in the F&V section have no problem opening them with the rubber gloves they wear.