Author Topic: Reality TV  (Read 4374 times)

Drax

Reality TV
« on: 07 Jun, 2019, 08:07:12 pm »
Jeremy Kyle has been asked to attend the parliamentary inquiry into reality TV.

The digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) committee inquiry was launched last month, within hours of ITV announcing that it had axed The Jeremy Kyle Show following the death of a participant.

DCMS committee chairman Damian Collins MP said: "We're hoping that Jeremy Kyle will take this opportunity to come and answer questions about measures taken to prepare and support contestants.

"As someone who was at the centre of this long-running show, we believe that his perspective on reality TV will be of particular value to our inquiry."

I'm hoping they will also invite some of those sad, couch potato, types that sit there watching the program for their view of why they think it is "entertainment" :- discuss :P
 :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Reality TV
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun, 2019, 04:01:28 pm »
I await the outcome with baited breath... Not!  Don't suppose I am alone in not losing any sleep at the programme's demise.
The reality programme over this past week on BBC of the latest of the 7 up series is the kind of reality programme I would miss.  I have watched all of them from the original when we were introduced to a cross section of 7 yr old children, following them every decade, up to now when they are 63.  Brilliant TV IMO.