Author Topic: BREXIT PROBLEMS  (Read 4348 times)

roger

BREXIT PROBLEMS
« on: 06 Jan, 2021, 07:50:32 pm »
BREXIT PROBLEMS

The Financial Times today has highlighted a problem post Brexit which the Government did not come clean about.
That is the problem of VAT.
This article covers the UK companies who export to the EU and who will in future have to register with each EU country for VAT payments.
One small company said it will cost them 20,000 pounds, money they do not have.
Another company has said they are setting up a distribution hub in Poland, to avoid the need to set up VAT systems in every EU country.
As a result this one company will be paying less tax in the UK and will lose a third of UK jobs.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: BREXIT PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan, 2021, 02:37:14 pm »
Well surprise, surprise.  I wonder how many other things have not been foreseen?  Let's face it, they only had 3 years to sort it all...

jimmymac

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan, 2021, 04:13:04 pm »
For all those that celebrated a Brexit deal myself included, :huh: because any deal was better than a no deal one, this just goes to show that the deal Johnson got was a poor one and time may show that it's even worse unless they sort out the financial services sector shortly...   :cry:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan, 2021, 12:26:11 pm »
A I have said elsewhere, I wonder how many leavers will feel the same in a couple of years time (or less)?

jimmymac

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jan, 2021, 06:15:26 pm »
Everyday that goes by it will become more obvious to everyone that the UK was better off remaining in the EU. Everyone that is, except the fanatical Leavers with their heads stuck in the sand mumbling "We're free". :cheesy: :cheesy: :laugh:

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jan, 2021, 06:35:33 pm »
I think the thread I posted in in February/March has probably been deleted. It was to explain about who would benefit out of Brexit, and what shares to look out for. I also said Bitcoins were something to look at, but obviously very risky. The Bitcoin price today compared to March shows 900% increase.
Anybody buy any or the shares I mentioned?

I bet the Brexit supporters on here didn’t.lol.