Author Topic: Windy  (Read 5197 times)

Drax

Windy
« on: 22 Jan, 2021, 07:51:19 am »
As you awake and poke your head through the curtains or blinds you might notice it's a bit windy.

Quote from: LaVoz
The region of Valle del Almanzora and Los Vélez will remain this Friday on an orange warning due to gusts of wind of up to 90 kilometers per hour , as reported by the State Meteorological Agency to the Andalusian Emergencies 112 service, attached to the Ministry of the Presidency, Administration Public and Interior of the Board.

The level of warning for this meteorological phenomenon is expected to be in effect between 6 and 18 hours due to westerly winds . The AEMET warns of a succession of Atlantic storms and the entry from tomorrow in Andalusia of the front called Hortense, which will cause weak rainfall, very strong wind gusts and bad sea conditions.

The rest of the Almeria province, in fact, will also be under a yellow level due to the same phenomenon, as will the provinces of Granada, Jaén, and their respective coasts plus Malaga, both Sol and Guadalhorce and Axarquía with intervals of force 7.

Batten down the hatches, stay warm, stay safe. :rain: :cold:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Windy
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:50:29 am »
It was calm when we started our morning walk.  We got about half way to La Alfoquia (staying within the Arboleas boundary of course), still calm then as we got to Arboleas it blew and we could hardly stand up

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Windy
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan, 2021, 11:45:53 am »
These winds have been battering my mountain for 3 days.  The mega pine trees have been an alarming sight during daylight but are ten times worse in my heed at night, when I cannot go to bed in case they fall on my house...