Author Topic: Losing the will to live.  (Read 4415 times)

olly

Losing the will to live.
« on: 30 Jan, 2021, 04:53:06 pm »
 On the other forum people are asking, can they travel from Huercal Overa to Mojacar? Can I drive to England? Can I travel from an area where the infections are low  to another where they are low, even if I have to go through a municipality that’s closed, for a meal at a restaurant.? And more.
I despair!!!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Losing the will to live.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan, 2021, 05:12:19 pm »
Me too Ollie  :angry:

Quietman

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan, 2021, 07:18:39 pm »
Olly,

I know I don't often post on here, but I do have a look most days and like you members, I cannot believe that anyone would ask that question ..... let alone on a forum, where they would probably get conflicting advice (especially from some of the "experts" on there) !!

Makes you wonder how they got this far in life, without falling over !!

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 10:19:36 am »
I also find it ridiculous people keep asking, can I go here, can I go there.  Although Cantoria area has less to offer in the case of shops we now have delivery of fresh veg, Indian food, also Harrison's are delivering, so I only have to drive a couple ok kilometres to get my orders.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 01:50:42 pm »
I am not lucky enough to live in a village with a supermarket so do have to travel to Olula and Mercadona.  I also need to go to Nexo Vet in Albox as he is the only one who provides laser treatment and to Acar for pellets.  I do have a pass for the vet but would need to telephone Acar if I was stopped.
Has anyone else noticed a lack of Guardia around?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 02:38:33 pm »
A friend was stopped at the new roundabout at Piman's last Monday but reports since then say nada.  I had to go to Hiper Ocio on Wednesday evening (they emailed me a pass).  I saw nothing. Lidl car park was almost empty, I was tempted

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »
I am inundated with requests from people asking what they can where they can go and so forth.

My answer is check with your local police or guardia civil if they agree to your request ask for written permission.

And I'm so fed up with folks asking about the vaccinations. I know people are anxious to ge them but between delays from the EU is sending them and also getting them to so many folks its going to take time.

Yesterday somebody told me I needed to do my research on vaccinations. I do not post or relay information that hasn't been verified

The government is my opinion is doing it the right way, protecting the individuals that are saving lives, IE medical staff, care workers and those vulnerable that cannot protect themselves. i.e. care home residents.
They are hoping to pass to stage two in March to the over 80's

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 05:08:57 pm »
Thank you for all you do Clare  :clap:

The government is my opinion is doing it the right way, protecting the individuals that are saving lives, IE medical staff, care workers and those vulnerable that cannot protect themselves. i.e. care home residents.
They are hoping to pass to stage two in March to the over 80's
  I agree

Drax

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 06:14:21 pm »
Yes, thanks Clare. Sometimes some of us miss bits of important information to pass on to others, it's good to know we have a great team looking, translating and trying to understand the rules, regs. and advice.  :thumbsup:

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 06:19:15 pm »
the saddest moment was last week, my friend Jesus, his Mother and Father both resided in the care home here in Albox, She passed away last Saturday his dad is still at deaths door and his mentally disabled older brother also has covid.

The man is utterly destroyed

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »
It is an unforgiving virus and maybe if a lot more people took that on board there would be less people infected.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 01 Feb, 2021, 08:58:36 am »
Poor Jesus, that is awful and still people tell me it's a hoax, it's exaggerated etc

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 01 Feb, 2021, 10:31:09 am »
Same here Judi and I wonder what planet they are on.... :crazy: