Author Topic: Batten Down the Hatches  (Read 5940 times)

Drax

Batten Down the Hatches
« on: 24 Aug, 2021, 11:10:39 am »
The storms return to Almería: Tuesday arrives with a yellow warning
The Almeria province is one of the four in Andalusia that are at risk

A dozen autonomous communities of the Peninsula will have this Tuesday a warning of risk due to rains and / or storms , as reported this Monday by the State Meteorological Agency (AEMET), which has indicated that the adverse meteorological phenomenon that motivates more risk warnings, all yellow in color, they will be intense storms, which in some cases will be accompanied by strong winds and / or hail.

In this way, the Aemet points out, the notice for this cause will affect Córdoba, Jaén, Granada, Almería, Murcia, Albacete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca, Toledo, Guadalajara, Madrid, Teruel, Barcelona, ​​Lleida, Gerona, Castellón, Valencia, Ávila, Salamanca, Cáceres and Badajoz. In addition, the risk of heavy rains, which may exceed 20 liters per square meter in one hour , has been activated in the provinces of Barcelona, ​​Gerona, Lleida, Valencia and Teruel.

The warnings are activated because this Tuesday significantly high temperatures are expected in points of Galica and locally strong showers and storms in the eastern Pyrenees, Iberian system and in areas of the Central system, Extremadura, Andalusia and Castilla-La Mancha.

Spain

In general, most of the country will be dominated by anticyclonic weather, dry and sunny, with slightly cloudy skies. However, in large areas of the center, east, south of the Peninsula, the Balearic Islands and the Strait, a moderately unstable situation will continue, with intervals of medium and high clouds and of diurnal evolution.

In this way, showers and storms are expected, more likely and intense during the afternoon and that may be locally strong in the eastern Pyrenees, Iberian system and in areas of the Central system, Extremadura, Andalusia and Castilla-La Mancha.

There is also a probability of some showers and storms in much of the Mediterranean area and the Balearic Islands and cloudy skies in the north of the Canary Islands , with the possibility of some scattered precipitation.

In Galicia, the Cantabrian Sea, Catalonia, the Levant, the Gulf of Valencia and the Strait there may be low clouds and morning mists and the possibility of suspended dust in the southeast of the peninsula, in the Strait and Alboran, so some rainfall may be accompanied by mud.

More heat

Daytime temperatures will drop in a practically generalized way and will do so more markedly in the south, in the center and in the east of the Peninsula. However, 34 to 36 degrees Celsius may still be exceeded in the Miño, Tajo, Guadiana and Guadalquivir valleys. In most areas the minimum temperatures will also drop.

Finally, the AEMET reports that this Tuesday north winds will blow in the northern third of the peninsula and in Menorca and expects strong northeast intervals on the Galician coast. Eastern component in the rest of the Balearic Islands and in the south of the Mediterranean area. E n the Strait and Alboran Levante winds blow strong intervals but then subside. In the Canary Islands the trade winds will blow with strong intervals. In areas where storms occur, there may be strong or very strong gusts of wind.

La Voz, translated by Google - https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/12/almeria/220700/vuelven-las-tormentas-a-almeria-el-martes-llega-con-aviso-amarillo

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Batten Down the Hatches
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug, 2021, 01:50:31 pm »
Thanks Drax, if we get storms my car might appear from under the thick layer of sand.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug, 2021, 07:58:23 pm »
I got quite excited when I saw the black as night sky and heard thunder close by.  Put the mopping up towels down under the windows which leak when it rains - then it passed me by - again...
Did anyone get rain?
I don't think the orange warning has lifted so may get it tonight or tomorrow  -  or maybe not! :wink:
I recognise your car Roscoe, it's identical to mine...
« Last Edit: 25 Aug, 2021, 01:09:48 pm by frankie »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug, 2021, 08:50:49 pm »
We had big spots when I was walking back from the hairdresser around 3pm but nothing else except lots of thunder

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug, 2021, 09:07:30 pm »
2 minutes  :angry:

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug, 2021, 09:56:22 pm »
We had rain twice this afternoon, about 2 minutes first time. So washed down the chairs table etc
An hour or so later, 3 minutes. So again everything dirty and car again!  :sad:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug, 2021, 01:13:17 pm »
Glad to hear it missed everyone else as well...  I can now grow spuds on my car roof.  The dilemma now is do I take it through car wash tomorrow or wait for the next lot of rain to pass me by?  I think there could be more next monday....  or not....
 :cheesy:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug, 2021, 03:53:41 pm »
The car is red - it can't show that much.  Cortijo Buho, not far from Baza lake report an amazing storm with lots of rain.  It went inlandN

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug, 2021, 03:11:13 pm »
Car is no longer red, Judi, it's a sort of dirty brown....  Passed by car wash and there was a queue, so will try tomorrow...