Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 4328 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
9/11
« on: 11 Sep, 2021, 04:16:43 pm »
Am I alone in finding it hard to believe it was 20 years ago?  I can remember arriving home after a last day at the beach before it would be far too cold.  I fed the 3 cats then made a meal for myself before turning on the TV to watch the news, only to be puzzled as to why BBC were showing a film instead of the news.  It was only as I watched and saw the second Plane hit and realised it was live, that I grasped the horror of what I was seeing.  i was then glued to the TV until well into the next morning...
It was the same horror that I felt when I heard of Kennedy's assassination, along with Martin Luther King and John Lennon and will never forget where I was and what I was doing.

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep, 2021, 09:20:08 pm »
I was off work with a bad back when my husband rang me and switch on the television, couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Never forget it.

Quietman

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep, 2021, 07:40:21 pm »
I was in a meeting in the conference room at work, with foreign potential purchasers, when a colleague came in and said "I have just heard that a plane has hit one of the Trade Towers", we all left and listened to the radio,  to hear of the next collision.
After that, the meeting was abandoned until the next day and we all went back to home,  or hotel, to view the awful scenes. 

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep, 2021, 06:58:48 am »
I was working as normal that day and had decided to go to the pub for lunch.

As I walked in the television showed a tower engulfed in smoke and I thought it was a fire. the ticker tape "Breaking News" and other people at the bar told me what they knew. Then we saw the second plane...

I didn't get any lunch and I didn't bother going back into the office that afternoon.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep, 2021, 02:46:44 pm »
I had a new car and it was the first time I had heard the alarm to say the fuel was low.
I was going with one of my telemarketing team to pitch a new contract in Bolton.  As we went into their foyer there was a TV screen showing this plane going into the building but the subtitles said it was a small plane.  When we came out we were driving towards the M61 when a client phoned and told me to pull off the road (my colleague answered the phone).  She told me and all I could think was "its WW3".  I phoned John at the office told him to look at the TV. 
The M61 is a racetrack but everybody was driving very slowly.  As it was my Birthday and we had booked to go out, we did but we were the only ones in the restaurant.

We didn't get the contract