Author Topic: La Palma  (Read 4563 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
La Palma
« on: 03 Nov, 2021, 11:06:43 am »
I've been looking at the earthquakes on the island and they are constant...  The people living there must be terrified...  The only tourists they will be getting in the near future will possibly be only those who follow such incidents... :cry:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: La Palma
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov, 2021, 04:41:58 pm »
I saw on Spanish news that a new fissure has opened and people have been told to stay indoors as the air is too hot to breath without damaging your lungs!!!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov, 2021, 08:33:26 am »
I once went to the top of Teide, which is also a volcano.  I found it really hard to breath as the air was so full of sulphur.  Teide is a dormant volcano, I can only imagine what it's like with one erupting and with earthquakes almost constant...  No wonder people are leaving the island...

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov, 2021, 12:04:10 pm »
I haven't seen any news covering the volcano and just checked it out.  It is still getting daily earthquakes on the island.  I wonder how many who can get out have done so and how many still remain, continuing to breath in the toxic smoke... :sad:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov, 2021, 06:00:22 pm »
As far as I can tell it all happens at one end of the island, and that is evaquated.  It is still big on Spanish TV

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov, 2021, 12:05:31 pm »
I was surprised at the number of earthquakes they get in a single day...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov, 2021, 04:32:07 pm »
The chemist in Arboleas has had a fundraiser for the people there