Author Topic: New Lidl  (Read 5603 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
New Lidl
« on: 20 Nov, 2021, 11:14:22 am »
The new store is much better, the only fly in the ointment is looking for things!  Loads of parking and better still inside under the store.  Roomy lift or moving ramp. :smiley:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: New Lidl
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 12:06:46 pm »
But only one check out open this morning

Lmj19

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 12:39:02 pm »
Yesterday about 12.15 no room at all in the car park! Queues on the roundabout

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 03:50:18 pm »
Is the carpark on  the roof?  It does seem as if there are 2 floors and I assume the selling area  does not extend up stairs?
I think I will give it a miss until next year when the novelty may have worn off and any teething problems ironed out...

I was told by Spanish neighbour that the old Lidl building had been sold but she did not know who had been the buyer.  Is this just rumour?  If not anyone have any idea who may be taking it up?  Primark?  Tesco?  Boots? M&S?
« Last Edit: 20 Nov, 2021, 03:53:07 pm by frankie »

Wolfie

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 04:38:19 pm »
There is an outside car park and also an inside parking area underneath the building still on the ground floor.  The main shopping area is upstairs - there are escalators and a lift.  The old Lidl is going to be Eroskis and they're fitting it out now.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 08:48:41 pm »
What tickled me was people going up the moving ramp and coming down the ramp with trollies!  Did they not realize there was a lift.   :evil:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 08:50:40 pm »
Frankie, as you enter the car park and follow the arrows you will see on the right there is covered parking.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov, 2021, 09:05:23 pm »
The other thing was that people on the blue forum wanted beef joints.  As far as I aware Lidl never sold beef joints only pork!  Some lines were missing, but that will be addressed. Judi you must have gone early, I was there just after 10 and they had 4 tills open.  Won't be going again on a Saturday and stick to Friday or Monday.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov, 2021, 07:39:38 am »
Roscoe  the trolleys on the escalator work really well, they lock onto it, I think magnetic.  Quicker than waiting for a lift.  They need to move the hand sanitiser from being at the top of the escalator as if you stopped to use it everyone would pile on gop top of you. 

Eroski?  I was told Aldi, Eroski probably makes more sense.  Was also told there is still a legal dispute over part of the land the new shop us on and that a new Mercadona will be built next to the football ground where Seat/pool shop was and that Consum will take over the old Mercadona ???  I will believe it all when it happens
Consum would be good

Wolfie

« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov, 2021, 08:21:47 am »
One day I hear one thing and the next I hear something else.  I won't be sure of anything until the signs go up - and even then...?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov, 2021, 01:27:43 pm »
Wolfie, having lived here over 17 years, I have learnt that it is never a good idea to try and second guess what Spanish are up to, even after whatever they are to is finished....  The giant head outside the Museum at Olula is a case in point.  For many months there was a multi coloured metal structure, which I thought was some sort of modern art creation.  Then a few blocks of marble were put on it and then were taken off again nearly 6 months later?  Some sort of mobile artwork?  Eventually, after another ng wait the blocks were added back again and continued to grow.  Then what eventually meta morphed was the current monstrosity, supposedly the largest marble statue in Andalucia.  The general opinion is that it's facing the wrong way and was a mega Euro mistake...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov, 2021, 05:03:12 pm »
I like the big head

Drax

« Reply #12 on: 02 Dec, 2021, 08:01:51 pm »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #13 on: 03 Dec, 2021, 11:01:02 am »