Author Topic: Current UK Temperatures  (Read 5002 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Current UK Temperatures
« on: 16 Jul, 2022, 11:58:53 am »
It is forecast to reach 40C by monday/tuesday in UK.   There are warnings that lives may be at risk.  How come we do not get similar warnings here?  I wonder if it's down to the fact that the humidity is far lower here than in UK?  I think we all know to drink loads of water, keep houses cool by closing shutters and only opening overnight and that's what UK is being told to do but hospitals, health carers and ambulances are on high alert for a busy time.  I wonder if it's the same here?

Lmj19

Re: Current UK Temperatures
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul, 2022, 01:20:35 pm »
My daughter and grandsons are in the Lake District. Wellies and coats on as it’s 18 degrees and rainy.lol
Hot in the south of Uk, as it’s coming up from Spain and France. We’re over in uk from Saturday for a wedding, will probably arrive in time for the storms.lol

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul, 2022, 02:26:20 pm »
I wonder if it's the same here?

It is (usually), Spanish TV news and weather give advisories and the newspapers (La Voz that I read) do the same. The link to the Spanish Met Office is https://www.aemet.es/en/portada and they have various coloured alerts as well.

In recent years AEMET have had to add a Purple colour to their maps because of the heat going above their top of the range Red.  :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul, 2022, 10:20:19 am »
I'd really like some of the Lake District rain here but only overnight.... :wink: