Author Topic: Summers gone.  (Read 4727 times)

Ollie

Summers gone.
« on: 26 Aug, 2023, 09:08:59 pm »
Looks like it’s finally going to cool down a bit.
Don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m really looking forward to that this year.
Going to look at holidays in cooler climes next July and August. Had enough of Summer in Spain.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Summers gone.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug, 2023, 07:32:01 am »
I think it's an age thing Ollie

Ollie

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug, 2023, 08:33:51 am »
Maybe Judi.
But this year has seemed a particularly hot one to me.
Have always preferred September to February anyway, as it’s a much more comfortable heat. But the worlds weather has gone topsy turvy to me.
Going to England in July August to get away from the heat is a no no, as I’d probably end up going rusty and seizing up in all that rain.

jimmymac

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug, 2023, 05:50:39 pm »
Agree with you Ollie, this for me has been the hottest summer in the 20 years that we have lived here and yes Judi it is an age thing as the heat has never been a problem till this year! :smiley: :smiley:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug, 2023, 09:52:53 am »
I really weelcomed those storms on daturday.  The temperature dropped dramatically and haven't realky risen much since.  Historically, the weather changes when the kids go back to school and we get rain and cooler days and nights.
I also think this has been the hottest summer since I moved here over 19 years ago.  I accept that maybe we do feel the heat more as we age but although in past summers we may have had an odd day hovering around 40C, this year it has been consistent, so mo let up.  I truly feel may life hs been 'on hold' since Autumn.  Why couldn't we jiust have wall to wall spring and autumn and cut out the rest?