Author Topic: Vote?  (Read 2436 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Vote?
« on: 14 Jun, 2024, 10:38:46 am »
I've just recently discovered that the rule expats are unable to vote in UK elections after living abroad for 15 years has been changed, enabling us to now vote.  However, the voting form must be applied for, we than need  to complete it and return it by 22nd of June.  I probably wouldn't have voted had I known (who can be trusted to Govern the UK?) but it would have been nice to have the option to decide whether to do so, rather than to be unable to....

Wolfie

Re: Vote?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun, 2024, 04:18:50 pm »
I decided not to bother this year even though I knew I could vote.  How do you choose between that lot, they're all as bad as each other in my mind and nothing on this earth would ever make me vote labour so that's it for me.   :blank:

jimmymac

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun, 2024, 05:35:17 pm »
Well I have registered to vote and who I vote for is nobody's business but mine!  :laugh:

i vot

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun, 2024, 07:35:46 am »
I watched Reform announcing their manifesto yesterday lunchtime and they are now the new Conservative party, they'll almost certainly be the opposition party if Labour win.

jimmymac

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun, 2024, 05:45:30 pm »
Well if Farage's Reform ever do become the main opposition party, it will only signify the death of the Conservative party and to some extent democracy in the UK. Though I must stress that I am not a Tory supporter, I do detest the shameful grifter Farage! :shocked:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun, 2024, 08:05:23 am »
Waiting for my postal vote, had the email confirmation.  I presume it will be too late to return it on time

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun, 2024, 08:51:42 pm »
The leaders debate things on TV are based on parliamentary rules regarding how many votes/seats they got in the last two general elections. Hence Nigel and most of the others aren't involved, Reform didn't even exist last time around.

According to popular belief there is likely to be a big shock to the system this time next week.
Neither of the leaders did a great persuasion job last night and I guess it'll be the same today with Humpity Trump and Sleepy Joe tonight  :tiphat:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun, 2024, 08:23:35 am »
Apparently not Biden was really bad.  Shame, Trump frightens me

jimmymac

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun, 2024, 06:31:33 pm »
You are not alone Judi-bk. Trump would frighten all of us if he became President again!  :evil:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul, 2024, 09:37:58 am »
SO MY PAPERS HAVE NOT ARRIVED FOR ME TO VOTE, DESPITE MY TELEPHONE CALL TO THEM....
iT DOES LOOK AN ALMOST CERTAIN BET THAT tRUMPTON WILL WIN IN THE uS UNLESS SOMEONE TAKES HIM  OUT BEFORE THE BALLOT THERE, AS SADLY SLEEPY jOE LOOKED  TO BE DEAD ON HIS FEET
iT IS A TERRIFYING THOUGHT AS THE wORLD IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ONE TO WHEN HE WAS IN OFFICE LAST TIME---

Sorry, just noticed I was shouting, Note to self - put contact lenses in before posting!!!