Author Topic: The new Superdrug.  (Read 1793 times)

Drax

The new Superdrug.
« on: 29 Jun, 2024, 02:29:03 pm »
We went to look inside the new store next to Aldi this morning, Rossmann, loads of cleaning stuff, personal and household, like a Superdrug.

Dirk Rossmann GmbH, commonly referred to as Rossmann, is one of the largest drug store chains in Europe with around 56,200 employees and more than 4000 stores. In 2019 Rossmann had more than €10 billion turnover in Germany, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Albania, Kosovo, Spain and Azerbaijan.

More or less everything in German packaging with a sticker on the back in Spanish advising the contents and use. Similar to what the Brit stores are obliged to do with their products.

https://www.rossmann.es/

Didn't see any drugs though, maybe they are under the counter items.. 🤣🤣

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: The new Superdrug.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun, 2024, 07:49:08 am »
OOOh must investigate.  The one in the old Lidl, "Action" is household products as well?

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun, 2024, 03:28:43 pm »
Not been in to investigate of course but a look at the "background" says:
Action is a Dutch international discount store chain with a majority ownership held by British private equity firm 3i, with more than 80% of the shares. It sells low budget, non-food and some food products with long shelf lives. Action operates stores in eleven countries — Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy and since 2022 in Spain and 2023 Slovakia. Action, with over 2,300 stores and 80,000 employees, generated €8.9 billion in net sales in 2022

Certainly a lot of money coming into the town  :thumbsup:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul, 2024, 09:19:37 am »
I went to Aldi on saturday morning ata time when usually only a few people were there and very surprised to see car park almost full.. The majority were going into Rossmann who seemed to be giving 50% discount.  Sadly I had no time to investigate butwill be having anosey tomorrow...

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul, 2024, 05:58:35 pm »
It was a 10% introductory discount, not sure how long it will last.

Yes I was surprised at how many cars were on the Aldi car park too, hopefully the opening of Rossmann will bring them a little more business, Aldi is usually empty compared to Lidl.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul, 2024, 12:20:10 pm »
I use Aldi in peference to Lidl, mainly because I can get the coffee pods I like fromthere, so worth a tripdown there monthly to stock up on afew bits.  I drove a friend down to Rossman in the  week  and didn't realise until I got home that I'd been given 5% discount.  A lot of items were in German but have a Spanish  sticker on them.  Quite a few people in there as well, also in Aldi. 
I do wish Aldi would care fo their plants a bit better.  There were a fair number, not just with crispy leaves but totally dead.  Looked as though they'd just been dumped there and forgotten.