Author Topic: Gordon Condrey  (Read 14022 times)

Raymondo

Gordon Condrey
« on: 25 Jul, 2019, 10:35:31 am »
Anyone who had property dealings with Condrey will be so interested in this award.
There are hundreds of people around Arboleas who would love to catch up with him  to congratulate him. ( Sic )

https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/3/provincia/175854/una-decada-con-el-valle-del-almanzora

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
Re: Gordon Condrey
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 10:44:23 am »
Shocked he really should have that award :undecided:

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 10:45:12 am »
It's not difficult to catch up with him Ray, he's in his Nave or perhaps having a coffee in the bar in front of it most days of the week.  :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:11:06 pm »
I thought he was long gone.  Is he perhaps going back into property development again as the market seems to be rising?

knowall

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:22:40 pm »
Gordon is like us all, imperfect. However there are hundreds of people who would never have achieved their dream in Spain without his help. I and my wife are two of them. My mother-in-law was another. He's a very likeable rascal.
There were far worse developers.

Raymondo

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:31:34 pm »
Sorry Knowall,. " A likeable rascal ".  Are you for real. ???
Ask the many  homeowners who this likeable rascal helped to buy in places like Los Menchones who still after many years cant get the paperwork on the property that they bought and paid in full  unless they now cough up quite a large sum of money to him.
" A likeable rascal indeed "
He was nominated for this award with the help of the Mayor of Arboleas who is a personal friend.
Do I need to say more. !!??
🙈🙉🙊

Doreen

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:36:30 pm »
I saw this man in action confronting some new neighbours of ours. He is award material, but not for this award.

AnnieM

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:59:05 pm »
I have no connection or knowledge of this man but I know several people who will not hear a word against him.

Raymondo

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 10:51:19 am »
This was recently posted by Roger Done who is acting on behalf of clients to sort out illegal properties for various reasons.
Its clear that Condrey has left an enormous mess and serious expense for his clients who bought in good faith from him.
Make what you will of it but he is no " likeable rascal " as knowall said.

GORDON CONDREY
This seems to be the most complicated situation. From information I have Gordon has ownership of all the land in Los Menchones and Calle Zoraida.
However the ownership has not been registered. When he registers the land there will be a tax of 8% to pay, which I estimate will be equivalent to around 2000 euros per plot.
When the Project of Parcelisation is prepared it will be necessary to cede 10% to the Town Hall.
I think there is some land to cede in Los Menchones (but not enough) and none in Calle Zoraida.
This will therefore mean there will have to be a financial compensation estimated around 2000 euros per plot.
This is the cost to the builder, but creates a problem if he does not have the money, because he is no longer trading.
I am also informed that, instead of the clients paying 1.5% to register the house and land combined, they will have to register the land separately and pay 8% tax., adding around 1500 euros to the tax.

I am trying to clarify this issue.

There are also some other issues which will have to be clarified:-

Some houses have been resold, some on private contracts and some with escrituras!.
This raised legal and financial issues to be clarafied.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2019, 10:58:02 am by Raymondo »

Drax

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 01:32:57 pm »
This was recently posted
in 2017...

Raymondo

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 01:51:30 pm »
Only just  found it Drax there was no date on it that i saw   but it still applies in Los Mechones.!!
Nothing has changed, he is still asking people for large sums of money to release paperwork ( if he has any )
The poor property owner has to carry the can for Condrey.
I notice on the other forum he has again been described as a friendly rascal by one of his pals but they have not been as polite with their replies on that forum.
Anyway happy grandad day.

Drax

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 02:17:45 pm »
The links for complaints to LaVox is on their site but in case you missed it:
Avda. Del Mediterráneo 159, 04007, Almería • Telephone: +34 950 181818 • atencionalcliente@lavozdealmeria.com

Customer service:
centralita@lavozdealmeria.com / atencionalcliente@lavozdealmeria.com

Raymondo

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 02:30:24 pm »
Thanks for that really helpful friendly information Drax, I will be on the blower to them shortly.
After ive had a chuckle and a lie down.
As Tommy Cooper said " Just Like That "

jimmymac

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 05:49:16 pm »
Don't know this Gordon Condrey but from what I have heard over the years has hardly been very complimentary. So to hear that he has been recommended for an award now is quite frankly, flipping astonishing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

knowall

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Sorry Knowall,. " A likeable rascal ".  Are you for real. ???
Yes, I am for real. Many people on here have met me and know me as John. I met Gordon in 1995 and bought an old cortijo from him in December that year.
He organised the transfer of that cortijo into my wife's name. He then had it demolished. He applied to the town hall and got a building licence. A new house was built and the town hall issued a licence of first occupation. A registered escritura was obtained via Huércal-Overa property office.
I have known him since 1995 although I've not seen him for a few years now.
He didn't do us any harm at all.
I speak as I find. How did you get on with him when you met him, Raymondo, or are you just going on hearsay?
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2019, 10:30:00 pm by knowall »