Author Topic: Shoplifting  (Read 7483 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Shoplifting
« on: 26 Jul, 2019, 07:09:16 pm »
Went on the Murcia shopping trip yesterday.  I particulaly wanted go get 6 more desert spoons and they had them in 6s.  Got to the check out and it is almost all self check out.  Started and it said did I want translating to English - nah can manage this simple thing in Spanish. 

Then it comes up in Spanish saying (I think?) I am being observed and would I like help or just continue.  Continue.  Scanned everything in then thought, where are my spoons...no spoons!  Ikea bag empty and no spoons.  Glanced to my left and there in my handbag were the spoons.  I was carrying a big handbag so I could carry water.  I scanned the spoons and it came up and asked me if I was sure I had scanned everything.  Looking round nervously I searched my handbag . Nothing  Checked out and got out OK

AnnieM

Re: Shoplifting
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »
Ooops!!  :embarrassed:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 09:13:03 am »
Best go in disguise next time as they will be watching out for you.... :cheesy:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 12:20:43 pm »
Wearing a big mac.? :cheesy:

Raymondo

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 12:31:44 pm »
Careful with  the Mac  Judi. ,  they might think  you are  a flasher.
👯

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 12:36:16 pm »
 :embarrassed:

Doreen

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 01:02:18 pm »
😂 yeah flashing your spoons 😂

Raymondo

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 01:15:59 pm »
So thats what they are called. Brings a new meaning to the Americain  meaning of Spooning. 😍💏

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 01:33:55 pm »
 :cheesy: :cheesy:  :laugh:

jimmymac

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 05:17:16 pm »
Think I'll ban the o/h from Murcia shopping trips in case she gets herself locked up. Not that she's a shoplifter but simply a bit accident prone and forgetful in her 'golden oldie' years. Hope she doesn't read this!  :laugh: :laugh:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 05:38:58 pm »
Many years ago I was shopping for school uniforms with my 4 sons, stressed, hot and getting frustrated and struggling  to find something  for myself because I had to have eyes in the back of my head.  I gave up, paid the bill.  Whilst waiting for the bus I realised that I had a dress  under a raincoat over my arm which I hadn't had time to try on.  How the ladies at the till hadn't spotted them I don't  know.  :blank:

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 06:08:53 pm »
Not shoplifting but think my sister's 'making off without payment' is funny.  Years ago she left a Wimpy and got half way back to the train station before realising she had not paid so headed back, on entering the restaurant she saw a man sitting at the table she was at but the bill was still on the end of the table, so she grabbed the bill and headed to the cashier, at which point the cashier shouted loudly for the manager as the 'person that had not paid her bill was back', meanwhile the man sitting at the table she previously occupied was wondering why some random woman had walked in and taken his bill to pay!  Eventually all sorted and she was not arrested

jimmymac

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 06:59:30 pm »
 :laugh:good one shelav.⁸

Drax

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul, 2019, 07:51:39 pm »
Them tills are summat else, on our recent trip to the UK an item of clothing, paid for, wasn't quite right when back at the digs. On re-entry to the supermarket to return for a different size all hell let loose with the flashing lights and sirens... on the way IN !!

Security pounced, saw the receipt and wondered how we'd managed to get out with the great big tag stuck to it in the first place.
 :undecided:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jul, 2019, 12:08:06 pm »
 I understood those tags contained a dye which would cover the item and would not come out, even with Vanish, if removed off the premises.
I often walk out of bars without paying but as I only frequent the same couple of bars, they know I will pay next time....  A sign of age, I think. :embarrassed: