Author Topic: Gibraltar  (Read 4625 times)

FOGGY

Gibraltar
« on: 09 Feb, 2020, 11:13:34 am »
I’m thinking of selling up and buying in Gibraltar. So does anyone know how easy it is to buy there, like legal stuff and bureaucracy etc. I know it expensive and in £ and a small place but with the Brexit smoke and mirrors nightmare shit storm on the horizon etc I just think it’s best to get out.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Gibraltar
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb, 2020, 04:45:54 pm »
I would have thought Gib would be a bit of a risk as who knows if UK will manage to hold on to it.  I have friends here whose daughter works and lives on Gib and they want to move down there but the rock is super expensive to buy property

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb, 2020, 05:32:26 pm »
I just checked out "Estate Agent Gibraltar" and yes, property there seems to be more expensive than Central London!!  :shocked: Only studio apartments with a bathroom for less than £200k  :sad:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb, 2020, 06:40:08 pm »
Yes, my friends are looking at properties on mainland Spain but near Gib.  Doesn't really solve your problem though Foggy

FOGGY

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb, 2020, 10:27:18 am »
I think prices are rising. Is it like little Britain? Never been there. I guess you can go there/ live there for as long and when ever you feel like. Hospital free nhs, banks hsbc (U.K.)etc etc. Is there dvla like uk car tax, insurance mot.

I’ve just done a quick search online and Gibraltar isn’t as British as I thought. Seems the U.K. government don’t gaf about the place and just want the territory as a badge.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb, 2020, 11:51:57 am by FOGGY »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb, 2020, 09:03:01 am »
Very odd to see police wearing identical uniform to UK but speaking Spanish....  Must be very hot in summer...