Author Topic: Hand sanitizer  (Read 4632 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Hand sanitizer
« on: 06 Mar, 2020, 09:36:28 am »
Out of curiosity when I did a Mercadona shop and the other large shop in Olula (whose name I cannot remember after it was changed from Eroski a number of years ago!), I thought I would check out if they had any of the sanitizer which UK is advocating for use to combat the spread of Coronavirus.  Merkies had one but it was not alcohol based so no use at all and 'Eroski' had none. 
Even if I were looking to buy one(which I am not), neither had the recommended type of sanitizer.
The good news is that both had plentiful supplies of loo rolls, pasta, rice and cat/dog food....   :wink:

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Hand sanitizer
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 09:53:00 am »
It is reported that hand sanitizers should contain at least 60% alcohol.  I have pure Aloe Vera gel and a bottle of medical alcohol, thinking of mixing the 2 together.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 10:05:44 am »
Sol Supermercado posted a recipe

2/3 of a cup of 99° alcohol, sold in the Mercadona, Chinese Shops and Chemists.

1/3 of a cup of Aloe Vera Gel, sold in Chemists, Parapharmacies and places like Druni, (not sure if Mercadona have it)

A few drop of a essential oil of your choice. (Make sure its one that won’t react with your skin type, allergies etc)

And a little plastic dispensing bottle to transfer your mixture in. Sold in all Chinese shops.

They have also made some and have it on sale

olly

« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 11:17:53 am »
They have one at Mercadona in Albox. It’s called deli plus spray anti septic transparente. Among other ingredients it has 100% alcohol. It’s in a 50ml spray bottle, so small enough to carry in a handbag.
« Last Edit: 06 Mar, 2020, 11:19:29 am by olly »

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 12:53:25 pm »
they do it

Hand sanitisers are really only for when you are out and unable to wash your hands as they dont kill all bugs, bacteria does tend to die but not viral!! So if you can always wash your hands for at least 20 seconds

No touching your face, eyes nose mouth without washing your hands first
Use disposal tissues and throw straight away, offer them to the disgusting people who sneeze and cough without covering their faces

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar, 2020, 09:42:50 am »
When I am out I use wipes as I see so many walk out without washing hands and generally doing food shopping!!!!
I have all the ingredients Judi has mentioned so might give it a try today....