Author Topic: Pandemic  (Read 9367 times)

FOGGY

Re: Pandemic
« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar, 2020, 08:02:10 am »
IMO this virus has caused a pandemic of mass hysteria and unnecessary reactions. I’m quite sure I’ve had it too. At Christmas I had all the symptoms exactly, I also had something very similar just after Christmas 2018. At both times I was glad it wasn’t the flue as I’ve had that twice in my life and both times thought I was going to die.
If you actually study the symptoms, infection and recovery it really is just a virus among thousands that people get all the time with the unfortunate scenario that some vulnerable people with a underlying lung condition will die as with flue that’s life everyone dies eventually, something gets you. Back in the day when the world was bigger and the population was half it is now pre internet this virus wouldn’t even had made the daily mirror or daily express depending on your slant. Unfortunately we have a world media that are thriving on this like a dog/Rottweiler with a bone.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar, 2020, 08:10:32 am by FOGGY »

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 13 Mar, 2020, 05:50:45 pm »
If it's to be believed, a State of alarm is to be announced tomorrow.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar, 2020, 06:20:43 pm »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar, 2020, 10:27:56 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar, 2020, 07:02:03 pm »
Spain has announced that as from monday all bars, restaurants, schools, shops (apart from food) etc will be closed.  I wonder if all bars will be shut?  I know most in Purchena were closed today and the only one open was closing at 3.

Mullberry

« Reply #20 on: 15 Mar, 2020, 09:08:56 am »
I also wonder if all bars will be shut but why are airports not on the list, thats probably where a largest % of the problem stems from. This list ( yes a bit long...sorry) is just todays arrivals at Madrid. 1 of over 1200 international airports which today will see around 15000 - 25000 arriving aircraft, Christ almighty theres one in from China just gone 6am.
1 infected person in amongst 300 on one flight and some of those going on to connected flights will ensure that the virus is in an unknown number of countries by end of day.
According to figures i find this virus appear to have a mortality rate of about 2%. Bad news if you or your family/friends are one of the 2%, (HARSH COMMENT HERE) but not the end of the world.
The end of the world arrives when,,,,One day, next week, next month, next year, Ebola gets on a plane and nobody notices. That has a mortality rate of over 90%. it won't matter how many toilet rolls or bottles of hand wash you have. With an incubation time as little as 2 days you will be the wrong side of the flower bed before the end of the week.
SHUT DOWN AIR TRAVEL NOW......
« Last Edit: 15 Mar, 2020, 12:19:00 pm by SuperUser »

FOGGY

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar, 2020, 09:50:19 am »
Same ol storey it’s all about the money