Author Topic: VACCINATIONS, INFECTIONS ETC  (Read 4695 times)

roger

VACCINATIONS, INFECTIONS ETC
« on: 15 Apr, 2021, 12:55:12 pm »
VACCINATIONS, INFECTIONS ETC

Yesterday in Almeria Province 5,555 people received a vaccine, over 1000 of which was a second dose.
To date 40% of people over 60 have received at least one dose, and there are hopes that by the end of the month most over 60s will receive at least one dose.

In Spain 17% of the population have received at least one dose of the vaccine.
The over 50s account for around 35% of the population, so this means that on average nearly 50% of the over 50s have had at last one dose of a vaccine.

The figures of infections today In Almeria Province show a slight fall in infections, and a small reduction in hospitalizations and ICU patients.
In our region of the Province there have been only 11 new infections reported, none in Arboleas.
So let’s hope that the situation remains under control even with a very light touch of restrictions.

A lot of media comments internationally about the risk of both the Astra Zeneca and the Janssen vaccines.
Today an eminent drug scientist has pointed out that every day doctors prescribe medications with far higher risks that the recorded risks of these vaccines.
Many people take these drugs prescribed by their GPs without knowing about the risks, and often the doctors do not know.
A few weeks ago my GP prescribed a drug following my PSA test.
The side effects are horrendous.
When I read the side effects I did not take it.
And when I read official reports on the internet it was clear that he did not understand the blood test results, which showed that I did not need any medication.
How often does this happen.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: VACCINATIONS, INFECTIONS ETC
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 09:42:29 am »
A friend, admittedly fairly anti-vax, told me that the authorities are worried because only 30% of people offered the jab are turning up to get it.  Taken hubby twice and they certainly could not have handled any more at those times and Olula ran out last Wednesday.  Have you any information Roger?  I am certainly having mine tomorrow

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 10:26:47 am »
It's crazy that people are still concerned about having  the jab after so much information, from folk who are in the business and know what they are talking about, has been out there for a while now.  I get my second next week and am looking forward to it as this thing is not going away any time soon, so my life will be safer.

jimmymac

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 05:32:06 pm »
My wife had her first vaccination in Olula last Wednesday morning and judging by the number of people who went there at the same time it was bedlam and looked as though  all of Almeria had turned up, so don't know where they get their figures from? Hope things in Olula are a bit better tomorrow when I am due my second vaccination. :kiss: :grin:

roger

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 06:13:01 pm »
People are given times to attend.
But everyone is so eager to get in the queue that the time table goes out of the window.
I turned up 30 minutes early and got mine on time.
But a lot are turning up over an hour early.
But still the system is efficient.
I go for my second next Wednesday and don't mind waiting because I know the staff have everything under control.

After my second I should be able to get the certificate from the Andalucia app.

We wait to see what they do about the AZ vaccine.
Only approved for over 60s and now discussing whether to given Pfizer as second jab.
This could delay total roll out later on.
But indications are that they will approve the JJ vaccine as one dose soon.

They have also published for anyone in their 80s who have been missed out to turn up, I think at albox.
Not sure when.
They are soaking up people who they have not been able to contact.

So far almost 20% of Spanish population have received at least one dose.

roger

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 07:00:47 pm »
The local fourth wave is very slight.
Most local towns have had no infections for weeks.
The overall situation in Spain looks worse than most of Spain because of Madrid.
High infection rate and virtually no control over restrictions.
They currently have regional elections and the current president is campaigning on the slogan "freedom".
I suppose she means freedom to get the virus.
But Madrid has always been different from the rest of Spain.

Drax

« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 08:32:25 pm »
So many people on their 2nd when lots of us haven't been called for the 1st yet - if you're old and/or vulnerable no problem but lots of people between 65 and 70 haven't been called yet whilst those who are closer to 60 are getting 1st doses already.

They must have some sort of a reason - like going to a ferreteria where hacksaws are in one area but the blades are at the other side of the shop.  :crazy:
 :rofl:

Lmj19

« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr, 2021, 08:39:30 pm »
Drax, different vaccine for different ages. All will have it eventually.