Author Topic: Renovating, Colouring and animating old photos  (Read 3828 times)

Mullberry

Renovating, Colouring and animating old photos
« on: 07 Aug, 2021, 09:44:40 am »
Found this website as i was researching a bit of family history, https://www.myheritage.com/deep-nostalgia You can upload an old, damaged, B&W or colour photo and it will be transformed. Lots of sites like this will repair and colour photos and you can do it yourself in Photshop but this one does something special, it animates the face. You get about 5 freebies before it asks you to pay but signing up with a new email address lets you have another 5. to save you wasting your freebies i have tested it with multiple email addresses Testing i found that :-

A. Full face portrait photos are best,  side or partial profile does not work well
B. Colour or B&W work equally well.
C. Photos with 2, 3 people will animate each face separately, i found 4 was pushing the results a bit as the faces are generally smaller and the results are not as clear, the bigger the portrait the better the results, don't waste your freebies.

You can download the pictures or the animated clip, files are quite small so will attach to an email or transferred to a phone for whatsapp etc.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Renovating, Colouring and animating old photos
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug, 2021, 10:58:19 am »
Thank you will have a go